User talk:Eerie Moss
Check this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRJBor6J9Tg&t=2m36s It clearly shows that frenzy skill grants an effect with the same name, shown in the same manner as stability and quickness, while other stances don't. It's also been said that one of guardian's tomes grants a skill that has this effect. Alfa-R 12:50, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, I noticed frenzy in a yogscast video. They're pretty hard to classify, but I think each profession will have some status-altering skills they can use. In GW1, warriors and rangers had stances, elementalists had glyphs, mesmers had mantras, etc. We shouldn't put them all into one place imo.
- Also, I wonder if stances are skill types or if the resulting effects are classified as stances. I have a feeling (or at least a hope) that this will all be a lot tidier come release. Eerie Moss 12:56, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- Let me put this another way. I feel pretty strongly that stances should be a category seperate from the skills that cause stances. Reason at the moment is because Frenzy grants 2 separate bonuses, both of which sound exactly like stances to me. I probably shouldn't have carried out the move of Frenzy (effect) to Frenzy (stance) quite so willy nilly, so I apologise, but because of the above we definitely need a way to classify them separately (unless things change before release, naturally). Yogscast.
- Also, if quickness does turn out to be a stance and we decide to classify them separately, we get to remove it from the effects nav. :) Eerie Moss 13:21, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- I believe you are mixing up something. Stance is clearly a skill type, like e.g. mantra or cantrip, while quickness is an effect granted by some skills (only one of them being a stance), so it can't be a stance by itself, the same goes for frenzy effect (it's granted by Frenzy skill, Instinctual Bond and Last Chance traits, Sigil of Rage weapon upgrade). Check out other stances and lasting skills: none of them shows a skill itself under the description, only damage/heal and effects like boons and conditions. Also, stuff like quickness/stability/frenzy fit effect description given in the article, so I don't see any reason to rename them to stances, which is kinda speculative anyway. If these effects get their own category later, being it stance (doesn't seem likely to me, as they are granted by a lot of different stuff, not only stances) or anything else, their articles will be adjusted accordingly, as of now, they are just unclassified (i.e. other) effects. That's why I'm reverting those changes of yours until further clarification on the nature of this effects. Alfa-R 17:00, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
at the World page, what's your purpose of adding the GWW links? we know the worlds/servers are based on the original guild wars explorable areas and such, but they aren't those areas, and should thus not be linked (we should add a trivia or note at most) I hope you understand, thank you and good luck editing! :) --The Holy Dragons 14:27, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
- Wasn't me. :) I added the bit at the top because people keep insisting on adding links, so I figured it was worth clarifying that they are named for these places but don't actually have anything to do with them. --Eerie Moss 14:29, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
Asura Gate move
I am new to MediaWiki, so I though't I just should reply here. It is called Asura Gate with capital starting letter on the map ingame. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:TheFrageN (talk).
Hi, thanks for the work you did with Hidden Chest! Just a heads-up, though: be sure to check images don't get orphaned when you move their articles; you'll have to rename those too. I've done this for you with File:Hidden Chest (Desert Highlands).jpg. :) —Idris 00:54, 25 January 2019 (UTC)