Talk:Sigil of Air
I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the damage doesn't show up when it proc's. I was using this rune and I could hear the effect every so often but no additional numbers were added/next to the display but the monsters were getting hit harder. (I only really noticed it on Skales because they have health regen so if they drop super fast and I hear a "krchhh" sound then I know it proc'ed.) Esplen The Master of Bei Shun 20:07, 23 September 2012 (UTC)
- Damage will show on both the screen AND in the combat log. Glass canon Thief in the Mists did 985~1124 damage per strike. I don't know if these were critical hits or even if the sigil damage can critical or if it's affected by character stats or level. Okuza 02:30, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
Can the lightning strike proc crit based on your crit chance or it is just a regular hit everytime it procs? --184.108.40.206 19:42, 12 February 2013 (UTC)
The lightning strike proc can crit, which is the advantage it has over the sigil of fire.
Cooldown and damage
I've been monitoring this sigil with Trick Shot, 49% crit chance, and made two observations:
- It never triggers sooner then 5-6 seconds after the previous hit. Trick Shot fires slightly faster then once per second so in a long enough run you should see it trigger on the fourth shot at least occasionally. It never triggered before the sixth.
- The damage has a (semi) random component - possibly related to the weapondamage. I've seen it vary between 931 and 1223 at 2258 power. It does not appear to crit though, the variation is not large enough.
220.127.116.11 15:37, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
- I second that!
- I did some measurements after what time the sigil triggers (73.14% crit chance):
- 6.08s, 5.21s, 5.3s, 6.23s, 6.39s, 5.51s, 07.81s, 07.27s, 5.14s, 5.66s, 5.25s, 5.68s, 5.00s, 5.55s, 5.96s, 6.25s, 7.65s, 5.25s
- das Keks 11:13, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
- I assume you are testing with the Superior Sigil of Air?
Superior says 3 second cooldown. Assume roughly 1 attack every second. Chance of Sigil of Air triggering upon critical (50%) * Chance of critical upon hit (73.14%) = 36.57% chance of Sigil of Air triggering on hit Average number of attacks before critical observed: 1/0.3657 = 2.73 attacks = ~3 attacks t=0s, Attack #0: critical hit just before testing t=1s, Attack #1 hits t=2s, Attack #2 hits t=3s, Attack #3 hits: Cooldown now finished hence sigil could now trigger on hits after this, likely within 3 attacks: t=4s, attack #4 hits t=5s, attack #5 hits t=6s, attack #6 hits (should have had critical hit by this point)
- In which case your findings of between 5+6 seconds make perfect sense. -Chieftain Alex 11:45, 17 May 2015 (UTC)