Killing The Champion
Easy way to kill the blue champ ooze if you want to. Pull out a ranged weapon and stand at max range. For some reason he doesnt seem to be able to move and at max rifle range he couldnt attack me either. Would occasionally summon an add on me but that was all. Blackout15 06:28, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
- Just tried this with a longbow, still works :P (Corpsecontrol)
- You can run through the initial grawl who will stop following after a while. Avoid/dodge the red circles on the ground (freeze and spike traps which slow you down).
- After reaching the first journal, the slope upwards has deadly traps (rocks falling from the ceiling). Tread carefully and wait until they fall, then cross that danger zone and wait at a safe point for the next fallout, etc.. There are 5-6 such traps. Dodge when possible.
- Next, a few grawl and 2 veterans will be protecting a gate. Concentrate on the gate and have a pet keep them busy then run through the gate. (The second journal is near the gate; you could come back, if you insist, and very carefully read it after the veterans get back to their posts.)
- The next room contains many oozes which you can run through to the third and last journal, which is in the treasure room.
- You may need to kill the first ooze after the journal while turning right to the right wall.
- Pick a high white stone on the floor by the wall and jump from it to the icy ledge, and from there to the next, in direction of the chest platform. Land near the chest by the torch, with the chest between you and the giant ooze, and it will not detect your presence (tested with Asura and Norn). Loot and dodge to the nearby exit.
- If you decide to abandon the slightly tricky jumps and want to just rush up the slope to get the accomplishment, continue hugging the right wall slowly, avoiding the falling rocks until you get to the slope, then run in direction of the chest, and then to the exit. Dodge when you approach the giant ooze. It can pull you to it then push you back down into the room. --Alad 15:47, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Your tip for where to land without drawing the ooze's aggro is great, but I couldn't get your jumps to play nice within a few tries - however I found my own set that work nicely with swiftness (though I couldn't make them without the boon over several attempts):
- At the end of the paint-streaked rock there is a tiny ledge which can be jumped onto, then round to another ledge at the same level, and a further (slightly longer) jump to a fairly long ledge. Applying swiftness before jumping from the edge of this, you should be able to reach the icy ledge next to the chest platform. Ch8ese 22:33, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
07/22/13 Giant Ooze seems highly mobile, able to drag me toward it and AOE me away as well. It is very interesting to watch, sort of reminds me of a lava lamp. Disable slows it down, so you can easily pull it away from the chest,(it chased me all over the room) disable it, (or set a pet on it, hit it with illusion or minions) run up to the chest platform (no jumping necessary) get your chest and leave through the convenient cave mouth. I had to kill as I went as I didn't bring a sprint but with some pulling and grouping it was very doable with a solo ranger, a low impact pet and trapping.
03/22/14 Solo human guardian. Killed everything in the cave except for the boss. Confirmed that jumping to the ice ledge and taking chest without aggroing the ooze is still possible. I had to use my GS 3 to make the jump though. Tried to solo the ooze after, but screwed up my rotations and died. 22.214.171.124 15:40, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
11/27/14 Solo with human mesmer. Killed everything, including the champion, all I needed was Phantasmal Warlock and Defender with a help of the Mistfire Wolf twice, if you get down try to kill the little ones.
5/9/14 If you climb up the icy part of the ramp up to the boss, and jump from the highest point to the edge of the chest platform, you should be able to get the chest before he finishes channeling his first move (That golden glow thing). Just another way to get the chest. Willgtl (talk) 03:20, 10 May 2014 (UTC)
04/24/15 This Ooze moves really slow. I kited him down the ramp and then used swiftness to speed up to the chest, loot, then leave the cave.
Cheesing the Chest
Jump into the cave, almost right next to the final chest from outdoors with Springer.
No Giant Blue Ooze, only regular Blue Ooze at chest
Just noting that it's a regular labeled "Blue Ooze" which when killed does not complete the event. You can still loot the chest. --Life Infusion «T» 21:52, 17 January 2019 (UTC)