Talk:Ashes of the Just
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
timeline of bugginess
adding this for posterity
- September 22, 2017: added to the game in a broken state where the first firebrand to cast the skill would get ownership of every single stack of the buff
- May 11, 2021: 1s icd, making the above bug MUCH more noticeable
- June 08, 2021: update notes claimed a fix, functionality did not change however
- August 17, 2021: stacks now belong to your allies(???), giving them the burns (and using their stats)
- August 31, 2021: stacks belong to the firebrand again, but are now broken in a new way.
- "The first player to apply ashes gets ownership of the whole stack until their stacks are consumed, which sounds perfect, but the stacks are being used in reverse order (newest stacks are used up first, so the oldest ones are much more likely to expire before they can be used). If the original stacks expire before they're applied, the second player that applied ashes gets ownership until theirs expire or are consumed."
- this one was hilarious tbh
- November 30, 2021: four years after PoF launch, ash stealing is finally vanquished. the skill now works as intended. (mantra ally prioritization was fixed in this patch too!)