Property talk:Has weapon type
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Making consistant with API results
I'm thinking that we should make these property values consistant with the API:
thoughts? -Chieftain Alex 08:07, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- Makes sense to me, we'll just need a way to correct any user that tries to use the old values. If the property is only linked from a template, this is obviously not a problem. Eearslya (talk) 08:31, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- Corrected your first item, Alex. :P The problem is that, while the API uses Harpoon/Speargun, the item tooltips and the TP use Spear/Harpoon gun. So we have conflicting official sources. I'm inclined to stick with the in-game terms, unless/until someone has a good argument for switching to the API terms. —Dr Ishmael 12:24, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- Ok while we're here... is "Short bow" correct, or would we rather stick to "Shortbow"? A while ago we moved "Shortbow" to "Short bow, and changed the property name, but didn't change the category from [[:Category:Shortbows]] to "Category:Short bows" - evidently those should be internally consistant too, but which would we rather have? -Chieftain Alex 13:39, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately... Short Bow is correct and we should shift the category. It's completely nonsensical to have Short Bow as two words and Longbow as one, but that's how some whacko at Anet decided to do it. The API uses ShortBow and LongBow, so no help there.
- Interestingly, w:Longbow is recognized as a class of bow on Wikipedia, but "short bow"/"shortbow" simply redirect to the general page w:Bow and arrow, which never mentions the term at all. —Dr Ishmael 15:41, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- Then I find this page from a company that specializes in medieval/renaissance reproductions, which uses "longbow" and "short bow". /shrug —Dr Ishmael 15:46, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- As possibly the only person who does archery in rl on the wiki, shortbow means nothing to me.
- I've corrected the category, item gallery, and weapon navigation templates accordingly. -Chieftain Alex 15:59, 20 June 2013 (UTC)