Talk:Rune of the Monk
This + Sanctuary = <3 Dominox 15:10, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- is it really that effective? I found that the ability "healing" doesnt change much of the true healing of a skill, since all professions have 916 base "healing" —The preceding unsigned comment was added by DIVA (talk • contribs).
Is the Aegis granted upon usage or finished casting of Renewed Focus? If it's the former, this rune would be useless, since blocking a skill while invulnerable is wasted. — Gnarf ~ El Psy Congroo ~ 07:44, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- The aegis is applied after the invulnerability --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
5% chance to heal on hit
- I used 4 pieces tonight and with 75 healing power I was healed for 645 each time.Right after with 30 points in blood mastery(+300 healing power, total of 375) it kept healing me for 645 , so either it doesn't scale with healing power, or the scaling is awfully low.Tested it on the "Mesmer" NPC on heart of the mists. --Natsos (talk) 19:25, 16 May 2013 (UTC) .
Can anyone confirm this made it into the live game?
- I don't think that it did. Checked the trading post for it and couldn't find it. Should it be removed? --Robadob 00:01, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- You can find these from Historian Symon in Lions Arch for 120 AC tokens. Historian Symon is found near Fort Marriner Waypoint --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
Drop or Chest Loot?
I got a superior one of these from loot in AC Exploration Mode. I am not sure how to confirm it because I am not sure if it was from a chest or a monster drop but I have never spent any dungeon tokens on my character. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- I also received a Rune of the Monk (Major sadly) inside the dungeon. Also not sure if it was boss drop or a chest drop, but I believe chest drop. It certainly wasn't a drop from a regular mob. So once we can confirm which one it is for sure we can add that to the acquisition section. It was Soulbound on Acquire btw. I don't know if that's also the case with the ones bought with dungeon tokens or if those are Account Bound. 08Ray 23:06, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
Cost vs. Value
I was thinking how best to use my AC tokens as I didn't really need anything being offered, so figured best to cash them in. I looked through the options and the Major Rune of the Monk seemed to be the most efficient - 30 tokens for 8s 64b. The wiki is correct in that this is the in-game description of the value when its held by the merchant. However, if you buy them and try and sell them to any merchant, they are only worth 1s 8b each. I don't think this is correct, as the in game description of its value (i.e. the amount you should be able to sell it back for) is different when its held by the merchant, Symon, vs. when its in your own inventory. Never seen this happen before. --Rrylia 00:16, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
- The weird thing is that the Major Rune of the Monk that I looted in the dungeon itself does correctly state that it's worth 1s8c, both at the ingame description and at Merchants. So I believe it's only a bug with the buyable ones. I've posted this bug on the forum now, so let's hope they find the time to look into it. 08Ray 11:26, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
2x Sup Rune of the Monk, 15% boon duration 2x Sup Rune of the Water, 15% boon duration 2x Minor Rune of Sanctuary, 5% boon duration Would they stack to 35% boon duration? 22.214.171.124 16:46, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
- yes, then add on trait increases of 30%, so 65% increased boon duration of all boons. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
Hey I just wanted to point out, after briefly testing in the HotM, the Rune of the Monk's 6th bonus does affect Guardian's Rejuvenation when paired with Battle Presence. It even fully stacks with Absolute Resolution. Obviously it only affects allies, and doesn't affect the Regeneration buff. Didn't test Sigil of Benevolence or the Ele's soothing mist effect, though. I just thought people might be curious or find it useful you can get >35% more out of Battle Presence's effect. --188.8.131.52 18:44, 30 May 2015 (UTC)