Katarina from League of Legends anyone? --126.96.36.199 10:26, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Night elf Warden from Warcraft 3 anyone?
- Skill something something probably from D&D anyone?
- If this was Guildwiki, I'd go and use User:INAFR, but I'm guessing that doesn't exist here :P
- P.S. I don't mean to be rude with this, it's just that there's a limit to names and/or skill functions in fantasy games like this, and whatever the skill, it's highly probable that it's been done before, not necessarily making it a reference. --El_Nazgir 13:21, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
Are the 'throw daggers' and 'reflect projectiles' 2 different actions? ie do you throw daggers and reflect projectiles or throw daggers when reflecting a projectile (sorry if that sounds confusing) FardaleFeedback
- You throw daggers AND reflect projectiles.--Rapid Sausage 07:24, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
Definitely needs to be nerfed.
This skill needs to be nerfed. Either ArenaNet is going to give every class same damaging and as fast reloading elite skill or nerf this one by 50% of its damage. 2 people with this are able to kill entire parties in WvWvW. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Overall Thief's damaging abilities should be nerfed. Too much crit. Too much damage from daggers.
Does this skill truly reflect damage from projectiles? IE Does it prevent damage on the thief while causing the source to take it's own damage? Or does the thief take the projectile damage and duplicate that damage on projectile source?
- Only projectiles which are directly targeted at the thief player, it basically sends back the projectile at the sender while the thief takes no damage. Bear in mind range attacks which don't target the thief, it will not reflect... I think. I don't believe it can send back Area of Effect attacks, but it would depend on what kind, I guess? IceBlink 18:29, 13 November 2012 (UTC)
Just because you are too dumb to keep firing your arrows at a dagger storming thief, does not mean the skill is overpowered. Killing entire groups in WvW just means other people are stupid. Every class can be beaten by any other class. It just depends on the player. This skill e.g. should be worthless in PvP, because people aren't that stupid to attack a dagger storm, or at least shouldn't be. 188.8.131.52 10:40, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
Players with "TANK" mentality don't understand the thief
All the same people whine about how over powered thieves are/assassins were. They are meant to deal as much or more damage than warriors. This ELITE skill is fine unless you are a warrior who still thinks like a tank. Use dodge and avoid. Even so, warriors/guardians can easily out melee a spinning thief and smart ele's and engineers wouldn't get within range of of ANY of those three. However, I will say that rangers are underpowered in almost every way and I have not played enough with a Necro to form an opinion. Mine is currently below lvl 20 and, so far, I am not impressed. I have often been killed in pve while this skill is active... are you saying other players are not as smart as an AI? I may have more kills with my thief than I do with my warrior but I also have more grass stains on my armor. Let's NOT encourage Areanet to get caught up in forever fixing things that aren't broke.184.108.40.206 22:52, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
- ... I assume you meant to put this on the forums and not on the talk page for a particular Thief elite skill? IceBlink 23:23, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
I suggest that all of this talk concerning profession balance be deleted as it does not belong here.
The notes at the bottom say the daggers "occasionally target" enemies and therefore enemy size and distance do not matter. If it's only on occasion, then you're saying some are random and therefore size and distance would matter in those cases. Please clear up.Jorizen 14:42, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- What's there to clear up? The skill occasionally picks a target in range and fires a dagger at it with fixed intervals. If it were actually just throwing out daggers in random directions, then size and proximity would matter. --Kargeneth 20:29, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
BTW - Kills from this skill count as sword kills just like the Necromancer Well of Suffering skill.