Talk:Black Lion Salvage Kit
Is this a Single use item or does it have multiple "Charges?" Rudhraighe 02:03, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
- I've gotten one, I've used it many times, it appears at the moment to have infinite uses. There is no number in the corner like other salvage kits to indicate the amount of uses Devi 21:55, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
Anyone know if this still destroys the source item? cc 17:04, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- It does. 18.104.22.168 14:30, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
Is this cosmetic ?
because i believe i missed something then 22.214.171.124 23:03, 2 September 2012 (UTC)
- No, why would it be? It's used to salvage upgrades off items. 126.96.36.199 14:30, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
- His question refers to ANET's statement that they would only sell cosmetic changes via the gem store. This item directly impacts the chance of salvaging rare materials, and thus affects the game's economy. Also contradicts ANET's statement.188.8.131.52 09:28, 29 October 2012 (PDT)
Reward for completing Daily Achievement
I received one of these kits for completing my daily achievement last night, along with the standard mystic coin/experience/copper.- zepher13
Do we get these for the completion on a story mission.
If so what story mission?
This kit is guaranteed to remove upgrades from any sort of armor,weapon, or trinket and +50% chance for rare materials of better quality. (25 charges) Consumable Account Bound
about that guarantee
I tried to salvage one of the story rewards for its Superior Rune upgrade and only got 1 iron ore. Buyer beware. Art Charming 01:20, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
I just tested using the Black Lion Salvage Kit on some two-handed weapons with double sigils, and got both sigils back each time. However, this was only a small sample size, so I'm not comfortable saying it works 100% of the time (as it does for single upgrades). Vili 点 22:13, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
- I just used a Black Lion Salvage Kit on a double sigil'd exotic sword... Two sigils - Geomancy and Bloodlust - I 'got back" the Geomancy - only even though the tooltip clearly says 100% of all upgrades.
- A change to the tooltip is in order. user:Moirraine UTC 6:07 AM Tuesday, August 12, 2014
What happens with infusions? Any dare kind soul to test it?
- You can't salvage ascended gear. I believe there are only 2-3 back items that can add infusions and iirc, those cannot be salvaged either. In other words, the question is moot. – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 17:20, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
Changed performance since sigil/rune nerf campaign?
Has anyone experimented since the changes to runes and sigils? Description still says 100% chance of returning intact upgrades, but my understanding was that no salvage kit does that anymore, only an upgrade extractor will (and sometimes not even then). I have some old gear made largely useless by other recent Anet tinkering and was about to use one to get the upgrades back for reuse, then remembered that shouldn't work anymore. 184.108.40.206 18:50, 23 May 2019 (UTC)