Guild Wars 2 Wiki talk:Adminship 2007-12-22
Yo's "Glorified Janitor"
I like the idea that Yo had about glorified janitors who can answer deletion requests, delete useless pages, and *POSSIBLY* hand out bans for OBVIOUS VANDALISM ONLY...anyway --Killer Revan 15:09, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
- Possibly, but I'm not jumping through the roof in favor of it. It would more likely than not create confusion over rules and rights and if User A overstepped his/her bounds in blocking User B. Calor (t) 16:17, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
Common elements to proposals
I'm not really a big fan of these proposals where I'm not sure how to compare them. So, I've taken the elements from each draft, and come up with areas that are being proposed in each draft, so we can eventually take each part and make a whole.
- No extra powers of selection
- Ban, delete, rollback, prot
- Publicly available e-mail
- Mediation of disputes
- Possibly act as arbitration committee
- Semi-autonomy, limited to policy, but not limited.
- Level of adherence to policy
- Abide by user concensus
- Sysop reverting another sysop action
- Leaving a note about the action
- Conflict of interest
- 2 years
- Criteria for demotion
- Promote/demote sysops and bots
- Community consensus + discretion
- Held to a higher standard
- Decision making power in close/unsure/tie situations
- Act as arbitration committee
- Use of sysop powers
- Mostly revoked
- Publically available e-mail
- 6 months
- 1 year
- Number of BCrats
- Limited administrators with delete + other priviledges
- Is this going to be an official group?
- On this page or a different page