Template talk:Custom CSS
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- "The use of this template is restricted to subpages within the user namespace."
- write first, read the manual afterwards :/ so, this behavior is designed, but, well, can't pages with names starting with "User:" be included too, or something like that? This restriction seems to me really strange. MalGalad 14:26, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
- It’s designed like that because the way it works allows huge modifications of the visual appearance; the possibilities for abuse are just too high. The main user page is highly linked by any contribution, and is the first page someone comes to when trying to contact a user. As such I consider the main user page as significant as any other wiki page, except for user subpages; and protecting the integrity of the wiki is important.
- The template is primarily made for “sandboxes” where new CSS rules can be shown without actually having people to copy it to their user css files.
- Also note that you pretty much confirmed me with your actions that we need some kind of protection and inforcement for the restriction, because of the heavy copying of stuff from elsewhere (without looking what it does first), and also because of those rules on your header page. So thank you for that :P poke | talk 19:16, 25 August 2013 (UTC)