From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Several Mysterious Stones are located around the ruins of Serenity Temple, presenting a puzzle for the player to solve. Completing the puzzle spawns a Veteran Ascalonian Mesmer.
- When out of order
- This is one of several mysterious stones lying around the ruins of Serenity Temple. Durmand Priory Historian Jinell believes they must be connected in some way.
Touch the stone.
- A soft voice seems to emanate from the very air in the temple. "Begin with the stone that is the first to be touched by each new sun."
- Find the stone from the whispered riddle.
- First stone
- As you lean down to touch the stone, a voice calls out from within, "Why have you entered this hallowed place? Go!"
As you back away, you hear something new.
- A soft voice seems to emanate from the very air in the temple. "Find the stone in the shadow of the paean beginning with "me", and concluding with "u".
- Look for the stone hinted at by the riddle.
- Second stone
- As you lean down to touch this stone, the same angry voice booms from within, "You must leave this place at once!"
You step back, and the whispered voice returns.
- The softer voice offers, "Find the stone that rests outside the two lines which slice into the circle."
- You begin your search for the next stone.
- Third stone
- Just as you touch this stone, it rattles with rage, "You have been warned and yet you remain? Leave now!"
Once again, the air around you hums.
- The voice from the ether whispers, "You will find the next stone by the stacked objects that defy the oldest law."
- Continue in your quest for the stones' secrets.
- Fourth stone
- As you touch this stone, the shout knocks you back, "You defile this place with your presence!"
As you back away, the whisper calls you again.
- The slight voice suggests, "The next stone lies near that which descends even as it ascends."
- Return to your search.
- Fifth stone
- You feel the bellow from with the stone vibrate your very bones, "Go now, or this will not end well for you!"
As the roar fades, you hear the softer voice.
- A new riddle wafts across the air, "The penultimate stone is that which is nearest the columns tri-umphant."
- You move onto the next stone.
- Sixth stone
- This stone rumbles with the growl, "This place shall become your tomb!"
You wait for the softer response.
- You hear a hushed, "You'll find the final stone beside that which has only grown smaller since its birth."
- Continue your investigation.
- Final stone
- A figure bursts from this final stone and roars, "And now, you die!"
- You step back, prepared for anything.
- The order of stone placements:
- First stone is on the easternmost side of the ruins, the first one you reach coming from the Durmand Priory camp.
- Second stone is beside the Statue of Melandru, northwest of the first.
- Third stone is beside the Stone Wall, south of the second.
- Fourth stone is beside the Statue of Dwayna, west of the third.
- Fifth stone is near the Stone Stairs, northwest of the fourth.
- Sixth stone is near three stacked columns, northeast of the fifth - there's no other interactive objects near it.
- Final stone is near the Broken Pillar, northeast of the sixth.
- There is no special reward for solving this puzzle.
- Your progress may reset if you take too long to interact with the next stone in the sequence.
- A Veteran Ascalonian Enchanter will spawn after interacting with the last stone.