Guild Wars 2 Wiki:How to help
Welcome! Please help us to document the world of Guild Wars 2. The sequel in the award-winning game series by ArenaNet!
 What is a wiki?
To quote Wikipedia, a "wiki" is software that allows users to create, edit, and link web pages easily. Wikis are often used to create collaborative websites and to power community websites. They are being installed by businesses to provide affordable and effective Intranets and for Knowledge Management. Ward Cunningham, developer of the first wiki, WikiWikiWeb, originally described it as "the simplest online database that could possibly work".
 How do I make an edit?
The content on this site can be edited through any internet browser, with no additional software. For technical help on how to edit, consult any of these links:
- Help:Editing - A cheatsheet for basic wiki formatting.
- Help:Editing at Meta-Wiki - Basically the same, but has a lot of links covering more advanced editing topics.
- Our sandbox can be used for experimental edits.
Don't be afraid to edit — anyone can edit almost any page, and we encourage you to be bold! Find something that can be improved, whether it be content, grammar, or formatting, and make it better!
New users are encouraged to create an account so that contributions are properly attributed to you. It also makes it easier for other users to recognize and contact you.
We try to follow a common style and format across articles for consistency. When editing, you can generally look at a similar article for an example or consult the formatting guides.
You can't break Guild Wars 2 Wiki (but please, don't try to). Anything can be fixed or improved later. So go ahead, edit an article and help make this the best source of information on Guild Wars 2!
When editing an article, if your changes are only limited to a small section, it is a best practice to use the edit link of the enclosing section. If your changes involve several different sections, consider using the edit link at the top of the page instead of editing one section at a time. Also, before saving your changes, always verify them with the preview button before committing your changes.
 Common mistakes
- Copying content directly from other wikis
- Other wikis for Guild Wars 2 generally use licenses that are incompatible with ours, and most of their content cannot be used here. See Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Copyrighted content for details.
- Assuming that this wiki is all-inclusive of any Guild Wars 2 info, or that it follows the conventions of other wikis
- This wiki has its own practices and processes and formatting guidelines.
- Believing that this site directly represents ArenaNet
- While ArenaNet owns and administers the servers that host Guild Wars 2 Wiki, the wiki itself is run by the volunteer community of Guild Wars 2 fans who edit here.
- Assuming control of submitted content, or creating personal pages in the wrong place
- Any submitted content can be modified by other contributors (through GFDL license or ArenaNet/NCsoft copyright).
 Finding something to help with
- As a relatively new wiki, we are still missing some articles. If you find a subject that needs an article, you can add some basic information and create it (it doesn't have to be complete!). See the list of wanted pages for pages that are linked to, but have not yet been created.
- Articles that are in need of fixing to conform to the formatting guides can be found at Category:Cleanup.
- Some articles have only basic information and need to be filled out -- these are known as "stubs". To find and help with these, look through Category:Stubs.
- To join or start a focused effort on improving specific areas of the wiki, see Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Projects.
- Some users like to browse pages at random to find articles to improve. Use the "Random page" link in the side navigation box.
 See also
- For Practices and Processes, see Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Practices and processes.
- For wiki news and links to important wiki-related discussions, see Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Community portal.
 Other languages
There are three other official wikis where you can help:
|Guild Wars 2 Offizielles Wiki||German|
|Guild Wars 2 Wiki Officiel||French|
|Guild Wars 2 Wiki Oficial||Spanish|