- This article is about Rytlock Brimstone's warband. For an Ash Legion warband, see Stone Warband (Ash Legion).
The Stone Warband is the warband of the legendary Rytlock Brimstone. As of 1319 AE, Rytlock had broken with his warband, then composed of "about a dozen" of each males and females, for reasons that he preferred not to state, leaving them "back east somewhere". After Destiny's Edge split up, Rytlock returned to the Legions and eventually gained the rank of tribune; it is implied that the remainder of his warband are of legionnaire rank now, and becoming part of the Stone Warband is considered a high honor—and thus has high requirements.
In 1326 AE, the gladium Rox petitioned to join the warband, but was required to participate in several trials before being granted membership. Rox Whetstone, as she was provisionally known, destroyed Molten Facilities, attended the Queen's Jubilee in Divinity's Reach as the Black Citadel's official envoy, and took down Tequatl the Sunless in service of the warband. However, she failed the final test of slaying Scarlet Briar in favor of defending her norn friend Braham.
- ^ Praetor's Canton
- Blood Legion Soldier (1): Where you been?
- Blood Legion Soldier (2): I went out with Rytlock and his legionnaires.
- Blood Legion Soldier (1): You're kidding! Did he get in any fights?
- Blood Legion Soldier (2): Rytlock mocks and shames them. A few grim words and they concede defeat.
- ^ The Origins of Madness: A Moment's Peace
- Logan Thackeray: Truth is, I've never met his warband. They've been together for so long, they don't adventure together anymore. Not like guilds do. Every one of them is an officer in the legions, I believe.
- <Character name>: So they're all politicians?
- Logan Thackeray: Soldiers. Military officers who take their duties quite seriously.
- ^ Short Story: Delegation