- This article is about the mount. For other uses, see Raptor (disambiguation).
Swift, strong, and agile, raptors are stalwart explorers and great companions for exploring the far reaches of the Crystal Desert.
— In-game description
The Raptor is one of the mounts found in the Crystal Desert in Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire. It is the first mount available to players upon reaching the Crystal Desert. The raptor leaps swiftly across great distances, making them useful for crossing large canyons. By holding down the hotkey, a leap will continue to its maximum distance. You can also release the hotkey early to drop out of the leap, which consumes less endurance. While mounted on a raptor, the character gains 100% increased movement speed.
Characters below level 80 can unlock this mount, and gain access to the Crystal Desert, by joining the story mission instance of a level 80 character.
|Ravenous Strike||291,846||1||Understand the true ravenous nature of the raptor, greatly increasing the damage of Tail Spin.|
|Round Up||261,366||2||Learn to round up foes when using Tail Spin, pulling them in to your location.|
|Canyon Jumping||368,808||3||Learn to leap much farther with the raptor's movement ability, allowing you to traverse even more rough terrain.|
|Ravenous Discipline||1,697,354||4||Master the raptor mount and learn to share the bonus from Ravenous Strike to all mount engage skills.|
|Raptor||Summon and mount your raptor.|
|1||Tail Spin||2||Engage. Leap toward the target location, damaging nearby foes.|
|Dismount||Dismount your mount|
- A raptor without any mastery upgrades will leap around 800 units in flat ground.
- A raptor with the Canyon Jumping mastery will leap 1884 units with each leap on flat ground. 
- Applying a dye on this mount changes the color of the scales on the top of its head, back, and tail.
- The raptor can jump two times in a row, each leap consumes one endurance bar when jumping max distance.
- The raptor regenerates its entire endurance bar in 10 seconds.
- While idle, the raptor will perform several animations:
- The raptor will sit down; your character scratches the raptor's neck, causing it to waggle its foot.
- The raptor jumps up curiously; your character looks around to see what startled it.
- The raptor sniffs the air and then sneezes, shaking its whole body and almost throwing your character off; your character gives it an indignant look and readjusts themselves on the saddle.
- The Raptor's theme is known as "Reins of the Raptor" in the Path of Fire soundtrack.
- It is the only mount theme composed by Maclaine Diemer in the Path of Fire soundtrack.
- Crystal Desert: Dune Rider — Unlock the raptor mount by completing the Seeker's Village task region in Crystal Oasis, and by purchasing a raptor saddle from Aksim. (5)
- Crystal Oasis: Reins of the Raptor — Now that you have your raptor, take it out to help those in need at renown hearts, and gain tasty treats for your raptor as a reward. (5)