Eastern Ward (original)
The Eastern Ward is a section of Lion's Arch. It contains Coriolis Plaza, the newly built asura gate hub to the five racial capitals, as well as the ruins of the Old Gangplank. The ward is accessed by going east from the Grand Piazza or across the bridge over the Inner Harbor from the Postern Ward.
Locations and objectives
- Eastern Ward Waypoint
- Gate Hub Plaza Waypoint
Eastern Ward Vista
- From the Gate Hub Plaza Waypoint, face southeast. There will be a couple of tall bushes against the mountain. Walk through them to find a ledge that follows the side of the mountain. Continue forward until you find the mast. Jump onto it and walk out to the vista.
- The vista located south of the Eastern Ward Waypoint is actually in the Inner Harbor.
- Asura Gates
- Hoelbrak Asura Gate
- Black Citadel Asura Gate
- The Grove Asura Gate
- Rata Sum Asura Gate
- Divinity's Reach Asura Gate
Before Escape from Lion's Arch
- Traveler: I made my fortune as a merchant, and now I'm ready to retire.
- Citizen: I always figured you'd go into politics, maybe even try for a seat on the council.
- Traveler: Not interested. I just want to sit back and enjoy what I've earned.
- Citizen (charr 1): My son is fighting in the pit again.
- Citizen (charr 2): About damn time! You gotta raise these kids right.
- Citizen (charr 1): What're you looking at?
- Citizen (charr 2): I'm starin' at you, punk.
- Citizen (charr 1): You tryin' to start somethin'? You gotta problem?
- Citizen (charr 2): Yeah. Humans and sylvari don't put up much of a fight.
- Citizen (1): My guild is being ruined by all the drama going on.
- Citizen (2): Which guild is that?
- Citizen (1): The Traveling Thespians.
- Citizen (charr 1): You know, I wanna raise my kid like we did in Blood Legion, but it's tough.
- Citizen (charr 2): Yeah, we need more fahrars here. Who's gonna train our kids?
- Citizen (charr 1): I could train him at home, but he needs to grow up with a warband.
- Citizen (charr 2): If he's hanging out with sylvari and asura, he's gonna be weak.
- Citizen (charr 1): But he still has to know how to trade with them, right? He's gotta work with them.
- Citizen (charr 2): No one said living here was gonna be easy.
- Citizen (charr 1): I'm taking the asura gate back to the Black Citadel.
- Citizen (charr 2): That ain't cheap. You taking your kid back home?
- Citizen (charr 1): Yeah, I want him to see what a charr city looks like.
- Citizen (charr 2): But he still needs a warband. Cubs are gonna pick fights with him left and right.
- Citizen (charr 1): That's the idea. He's gonna see what life was like for his old man.
- Citizen (1): Have you heard any news about Logan Thackeray lately?
- Citizen (2): No. I assume he's still sitting by the queen's side.
- Citizen (1): That's where I would be if I was him.
- Citizen (1): I heard Caithe was in town the other day.
- Citizen (2): Really? Did you actually see her?
- Citizen (1): You never see Caithe unless she wants you to.
- Guard (1): Ever been to a moot?
- Guard (2): I loved it!
- Guard (1): Oh, the norn stories, resounding and bold, powerful and visceral.
- Guard (2): The fights, the ale, the drunken stumbling in the snow, and the wily yaks.
- Guard (1): Vipers. That's the way to do it.
- Guard (2): Are you still angry at him?
- Guard (1): Of course. How can I get vipers?
- Guard (2): I don't know. Let's talk about something else.
- By the Lost Grotto
- Whisper's Agent (1): I've acquired a valuable scroll. Should I keep it, sell it, or turn it in to the Priory?
- Whisper's Agent (2): Why not make duplicates and do all three?
- Whisper's Agent (1): I've got some Ash Legion charr lined up for a dice game.
- Whisper's Agent (2): Do you want the ones that always come up odd, or even?
- Whisper's Agent (1): Both. I'm not sure how I want the game to go yet.
- Whispers Agent: Hello! You're new around here, aren't you? What do you know?
- Scholar: I have spent my entire life pursuing knowledge. I know many, many things.
- Whispers Agent: Let's start with things that are interesting to me.
- Whispers Agent: [talking to herself] I don't like working here. I feel exposed, vulnerable.
- Whispers Agent: Don't show it. There's nothing more conspicuous than trying to be inconspicuous.
- There was originally a nectar bar next to the Eastern Ward waypoint, but this was destroyed during Scarlet's attack on the city and has not yet been rebuilt.