Craze's Folly (jumping puzzle)
The entrance is just northeast of the Terra Carorunda Waypoint — .
|Search YouTube for videos related to Craze's Folly (jumping puzzle).|
Make your way to the north east to Jahr Duskrend, and enter the cave behind him to the Separatist encampment, Craze's Folly. On the east side of Craze's Folly, take the tunnel made of brick that ends in a square room with a staircase. Go up the staircase, jump to the adjacent ledge, and proceed upwards while going around the exterior wall until you see a hole in the wall. Go through the hole and climb over the rocks until you get to a grassed area.
You need to get to the rock ledge that juts out to your left. You will see a small stone rock in front of you which you can use to jump to the pillar in front of you. Hop to the next pillar (below you), onto the wall of the ruin to your left (big jump - if you miss, drop down and circle to your right back up to the rock or use a speed buff), a roof section on the other side, a roof section on the opposite wall, another ruin (keep to the northern side), yet another ruin, make your way down the northern corridor to the end, turn around, then switchback your way up to the top of the northern wall and onto the rock ledge that sticks out.
You will see a piece of a wall with a window, climb to the top of this, turn left a bit, and jump to the large rock to get access to the cave that is to the left of the waterfall. This cave contains a lot of Cave Trolls that respawn rapidly. At this point there are two ways to proceed. You can climb a pile of rocks on the left hand side, just past the first fork in the cave which rejoins immediately after, with some cave bats at the top and hole to jump through which will take you straight to the final area with the chest and veteran cave troll. However, jumping up to this area can be extremely tricky and seems to require jumping along an apparently flat wall; this path may have been intended to be removed. The other and more apparent method is to continue through the cave along the right hand side wall, through the section with water on the floor, and start climbing the cave rocks to the right.
The cave rocks will keep wrapping around the right and going up until you come to grassy sections. Here you will see a rock you could jump to; the rock is covered in grass and has a tree. At the base of the tree is the decoy, first treasure chest.
Here you can open a small chest. If you are doing this jumping puzzle for the Kudzu I collection, the Crimson Sunflower you need for the collection, will be by this chest. After opening the chest, you need to continue, as this is not the end of the puzzle.
If you jumped to that rock, jump back. From the ledge, turn to face the chest. Towards your right, there's a large rock with a skinny path on the right. Jump to that and proceed with the rock's wall to your left until you cannot go any further. Look down: you will see some large slabs in spiral pattern, leaving a hole; there are a pair of bats above the hole. You can jump into the hole (taking some falling damage) or down to the slabs and then to the hole; either way, you can run past the bats. There is only one way to go: towards the chest, guarded by a Veteran Cave Troll. If you have any concerns about defeating the troll, run past it to grab the achievement. Otherwise, you can largely stay out of its way by fighting from the entrance and dodging its AoE knockdowns.
Exit down another hole, then south to the Separatist camp.
- Speed buffs make some of the jumps easier.
- There are several spots where combat is nearly inevitable. Your foes are all level 49-50 and include a group of separatists lead by a veteran, a series of cave trolls, bats, and the end boss.
- You can get the Craze's Folly Feasibility Report needed for Chuka and Champawat IV: Secluded Tour just by walking to the end of the left tunnel on the ground.
- Jumping Puzzles: Craze's Folly — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10 )
- Daily: Daily Craze's Folly Jumping Puzzle — Complete the Craze's Folly jumping puzzle in Blazeridge Steppes. (0) (when applicable)
- Grand Chest
- Legendary Weapons: Kudzu I: The Experimental Longbow — Through flood, fire, and famine, the power of the plants survive. The story of its resilience and quiet power can be found in every root and stem, in every petal and leaf. Meditate on the power of such things as you begin your journey to create the legendary precursor, Leaf of Kudzu. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: Chuka and Champawat IV: Secluded Tour — There must be somewhere in Tyria where tigers can live in peace. (0)
- Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire: Ranoah Grindsteel's Footsteps — Collect items related to Ranoah Grindsteel's history to earn her signature Steel Warband pistol. (10)
- Craze the Unforgiving is an NPC in Guild Wars.
- NCSOFT's City of Heroes has a hazard zone called "Crey's Folly".