- This article is about the order. For the area, see Durmand Priory (location). For the instance, see Durmand Priory (instance).
Your power is only equal to the sum of your knowledge.
The Durmand Priory is a scholarly order dedicated to protecting knowledge and lore. Named after the monastery which houses their archives, and in turn after the monastery's founder Durmand, members of the Durmand Priory offer their services as advisers, tutors and chroniclers. Led by the asura, Gixx, they are cautiously willing to share their gathered knowledge.
The Durmand Priory is one of three major multi-racial orders who are looking for ways to combat the Elder Dragons. They hope that intellect, or some lost piece of knowledge, can save the world from the rise of the dragons.
The Durmand Priory was founded in 1105 AE, before the Rise of Orr and the flooding of Lion's Arch. The Priory was established about 230 years after the Order of Whispers and predates the Vigil by over 200 years . Its scholars were major contributors to the creation of the New Krytan alphabet, encouraging its use across the known world and thus simplifying communication among all countries, cultures, and races.
Because of its philosophies and ideals, the Durmand Priory was one of the first organizations to accept members from all races.
Personal story involvement
The Durmand Priory has several ranks in its organization, with each their own focus and specialization.
- Novices: untested, new recruits.
- Explorers: standard members; adventurers and explorers who collect lost artifacts, knowledge, and maps
- Scholars: the academic, more research-oriented version of the explorer
- Arcanists: magical protectors.
- Magisters: group leaders among the explorers.
- Archons: those who deal with dangerous knowledge.
- Steward: the head of the order, currently Gixx.
Bases and excavations
- Durmand Scriptorium - Black Citadel
- Ghostsummit - Plains of Ashford
- Old Piken Ruins - Iron Marches
- Refuge Sanctum - Blazeridge Steppes
- Barrier Camp - Bloodtide Coast
- Bogside Camp - Bloodtide Coast
- Broken Beacon - Bloodtide Coast
- Durmand Dig Site - Lion's Arch
- Durmand Hall - Divinity's Reach
- Mudflat Camp - Bloodtide Coast
- Durmand Priory (headquarters) - Lornar's Pass
- Firebase Molek - Dredgehaunt Cliffs
- Fridgardr Lodge - Dredgehaunt Cliffs
- Granite Citadel - Dredgehaunt Cliffs
- Havfrue Basin - Dredgehaunt Cliffs
- Kenning Testing Ground - Dredgehaunt Cliffs
- Landslide Lee - Dredgehaunt Cliffs
- Mantelet Refuge - Dredgehaunt Cliffs
- Rankor Ruins - Timberline Falls
- Rocklair - Lornar's Pass
- Pinion Pass - Lornar's Pass
- Pinnacle Enclave - Lornar's Pass
- Priory Encampment - Hoelbrak
- Scholar's Cleft - Snowden Drifts
- Durmand Posting - The Grove
- Mirkrise - Brisban Wildlands
- Priory Recruiting Station - Rata Sum
- Rata Pten - Mount Maelstrom
Armor and weapons
- Durmand Priory armor can be purchased from Armor Requisitioner Secunda within the instance which is located in the Priory Archives right next to the Waypoint.
- Priory weapons can be purchased from Explorer Holly in Durmand Priory.
- ^ Personal Story overview, Official Guild Wars 2 website
- ^ Guildmag #1: Q&A with Ree Soesbee, GuildMag