The Dredge Hideout
The Dredge Hideout
The Dredge Hideout (Level 30)
Steal the dredge weapon prototype.
- Meet Ifwyn at Molenheide.
- Put on a dredge mining suit.
- Smash rocks to lure out the dredge.
- Wait for the door to the dredge mine to open.
- Search for the dredge weapon.
- Escape the dredge mine.
- Defeat the Dredge Mining Suit.
Confer with Eir and the order reps in Hoelbrak.
- Speak to the order reps.
- Choose a course of action. (Either break the code with the Durmand Priory (Code Breaker), or debrief the spy with the Order of Whispers (Sabotage).)
- All professions
- One of the following: Mending Helm, Strong Helm, Penetrating Helm
- One of the following: Mending Mask, Strong Hat, Penetrating Mask
- One of the following: Mending Circlet, Strong Masque, Penetrating Masque
- Dredge Mining Suit
At Agent Ifwyn:
- Agent Ifwyn: Okay, Slayer. You're good at what you do, but now we see if you're good at what I do.
- Agent Ifwyn: The Order of Whispers doesn't shrink from violence, but we try to keep it to the necessary minimum. And in our line of work, it's often necessary.
- Agent Ifwyn: The dredge have sealed themselves inside that mine. We need to get in, take what we need, and get out.
- Agent Ifwyn: I propose we borrow a pair of their mining suits. They'll assume we're one of them and let us in. After that, we need to improvise.
- <Character name>: Sneak in and keep a low profile until violence is necessary. I can handle that. Should we mine some ore first to sell the disguise?
- Agent Ifwyn: Now you're thinking like one of us. I predict a bright future for you in our order. If you can mine as well as a dredge, that is.
- Agent Ifwyn: We'll have you fighting dragons in no time. That's in our charter, you know. But until then, let's put on a show and dig our way into that mine.
While getting into mine (non-cinematic)
- Agent Ifwyn: Drill the rocks, and the dredge will come pick up the ore.
- Dredge Excavator: Be proud. You've collected for the collective.
- Dredge Excavator: All problems can be solved through unity.
- Dredge Excavator: Nice work. That'll do fine.
- Agent Ifwyn: There we go! One open door. Now to get what we came for.
While searching for weapon (non-cinematic)
- Agent Ifwyn: Hm. Nothing of interest. Let's keep looking.
- Agent Ifwyn: Check the other crates. Maybe we'll get lucky.
After finding the weapon:
- Agent Ifwyn: Remember when I said we would improvise? Now's the time. We don't need a whole prototype. The components in this box will tell us all we need to know.
- <Character name>: And look around. Some of these parts are far too big for the weapon I saw. The dredge must be planning to build an even larger version.
- Agent Ifwyn: With a weapon that size, they could shoot through a small mountain...or a large building.
- <Character name>: A building makes more sense. The dredge stole a book about ancient architecture from the Priory. They must be preparing to take out a large structure.
- Agent Ifwyn: Well spotted. This weaponsmith "Vyacheslav" sounds madder all the time, even for a dredge.
- Agent Ifwyn: Let's take what we'e learned back to the others and figure out where the dredge will strike.
When the suit explodes (non-cinematic):
- Agent Ifwyn: Bail out, Slayer! There's something wrong with your suit. It's smoking!
- Agent Ifwyn: Good agents know when they've overstayed their welcome. We need to go, Now!
After defeating the suit:
- <Character name>: What happened back there? The mining suit was working perfectly and then it completely broke down.
- Agent Ifwyn: Hard to say. Between your size and unfamiliarity with the controls, I expect you taxed its systems past the breaking point.
- Agent Ifwyn: Hardly your fault, of course. Dredge machinery is powerful, but it's not as reliable as the charr's or as flexible as the asura's.
- <Character name>: Vyacheslav's machinery seems reliable enough, especially since he keeps upgrading it. We need to identify his target before he perfects his weapon.
- Agent Ifwyn: Agreed. I'll meet you back in Hoelbrak and we'll confer with the others. Meybe they can help us determine which huge building is in danger.
- Agent Ifwyn: Nice work, by the way. I renew my offer: when you're ready to join the fight against the dragons, the Order of Whispers would be glad to have you.
At the Order Representatives:
- <Character name>: The dredge are definitely building another weapon, one big enough to shatter a mountain. I've seen the proof with my own eyes.
- <Character name>: Given the architectural tome they stole, I think Vyacheslav's target is a large building. But which one? Where is he going to strike?
- Scholar Prott: I may be able to help there. My peers have intercepted a coded message from Vyacheslav.
- Scholar Prott: With the Priory's resources, we should be able to crack the code in fairly short order.
- Agent Ifwyn: We haven't got time for the Priory to crack that code. I have a spy inside a dredge settlement. Let's ask him for the information.
- Crusader Thurkill: I'll leave the intelligence gathering to you lot. The Vigil is ready to move on whatever you discover. In the meantime, we'll keep hunting Vyacheslav.
- Agent Ifwyn: We'll share what we learn with the Vigil, but first the slayer must decide how we're going to learn it: By breaking the code or debriefing the spy?
When talking to Thurkill: Since I've got soldiers to muster, I'll leave you to the scholars and spies for now.
- Thanks, Thurkill.
When talking to Ifwyn before choosing: An Order of Whispers spy near Underburg has recently gone dark. Come with me and we'll find out what's happening.
- I'm ready. Let's go talk to your spy.
- I'm still undecided.
When talking to Prott before choosing: It's a complex code, and rather old. I wouldn't have thought the dredge capable of understanding it, much less creating it.
- I'm with you, Prott. Anything they can code, we can crack.
- This is a real quandary. I need more time to decide.
If choosing the Priory path: Scholar Prott: This will be glorius. Between our code-cracker and you, I'd say the Priory is well on its way to solving this mystery.
- I certainly hope so.
Agent Ifwyn: Don't get me wrong, the Priory often has excellent information. But your talents are wasted doing things their way.
- Maybe, but I have to try.
If choosing the Order of Whispers path:
Talking to Eir: Things are starting to spiral out of control, Slayer. I'd hate to think what would happen if you weren't involved.
- The orders need help, and I'm happy to oblige.
 My Story
|File:The Dredge Hideout.jpg|