I started editing the page but have no time to fully document the new system today, so feel free to edit with more info. I updated the introduction, and "Achievement" section (before realizing that I was not logged in...) and the list of possible achievements. The Achievements section still has the dynamic table with OLD system - I really (really) don't know how these things work so it would be nice if someone can change it. List of possible achivements will need updates every day until we have the full list (and may need new sub-categories). We still need to document rewards (maybe add them in the "list of possible achievements" table and remove the "rewards" section ??). We also need a page for the new Login Rewards (if needed, I have listed them here : https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2phiqy/login_rewards_details/). Eowin (talk) 20:09, 16 December 2014 (UTC)
- I already have knowledge about a few more days and somewhat know the system. I’m working on a full rewrite as we speak. For the login rewards, I already covered that completely. poke | talk 21:38, 16 December 2014 (UTC)
- OK, nice :) . I guess it would be pointless for me to work more now if you're on a full rewrite. The supposedly full list of dailies has been datamined here if you need it : https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2phvfd/datamining_list_of_daily_achievements/ . Eowin (talk) 22:20, 16 December 2014 (UTC)
The rewrite is now done-ish. I still have a few more things I am working, particularly the rewards (there are actually a lot additional rewards I haven’t figured out yet) and of course the cycle. I’m currently keeping track of that locally but will update the research page soon with what I know. poke | talk 19:28, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- Not meaning to rush stuff as I know you are still working on this but can I leave some suggestions here? 1) What about formating the list of possible achievements as a table like before? Or were you already planning to do so? 2) What about putting that History section back, or is it also on plan? It's nice to know how daily system has progressed with time and what has changed. Just taking advantage to make some suggestions, no rush and take your time. Any helpful hand you may need, just let me know. --Txon Atana - (talk) 20:48, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the suggestions! As for the table, I’m not sure if you have seen the full list of achievements. It contains the full achievement details—like our other achievement lists—but in a slightly condensed format. As you can see from the list, there is really a large number of achievements, and many of them are the same, just for a different area/region. That’s why I opted for a simplified list on this article that just shows in general what kind of achievements there are, and also has some room for general completion hints. To be honest, I never liked the way the old “full” table was made since it contained a lot of vertical whitespace due to the notes column and the way it was condensed horizontally. So I made this simpler list (since things like description and objective are not really useful apart from purely documentary reasons); but of course I’m open to suggestions to make this a bit more visually pleasing.
- For the history, I removed the old history from the article since it was rather incomplete. I have the full history (technically) on the Daily/Research page; my plan was either to use that research page directly for the history (after making it a bit friendlier for readers), or maybe to create a proper history page later on. poke | talk 00:08, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
- I admit I hadn't seen the full list of achievement but I just take a look at it and I see what you mean, nice one btw. In fact, I liked the simplified way you did by grouping similar stuff together. Actually what I suggested was formating it using table as before but not like that full table again, it's more like it would be the list you made but put into a table. About the history, I see what you mean and my fault by not seeing the link in the Notes section, hehe. Keep the good work and I'll try to help with everything I can. --Txon Atana - (talk) 01:57, 20 December 2014 (UTC)