Getting there
Start from Applenook Hamlet Waypoint in Cornucopian Fields and head southeast. From the first arm of the lake (see image) climb the grassy slope. When you see the Alpha Wolf, turn left towards the cliff and seek a crevasse. This is the entry point.
It's not so much a jumping puzzle as it is a swimming puzzle. There's only one jump you have to figure out, which is how to light one of the torches -- that's the one you'll want to key off of. The rest is figuring where to swim to in a timely manner.
- Swashbuckler's Cove puzzle achievement
- Magnificent Chest
|Search YouTube for video walkthroughs about Swashbuckler's Cove.|
1. Run past or kill the skale on the way through the passage. When you come into the room with the water, avoid jumping on the rocks to get to the unopened chest at the end of the room. There is nothing in it, it's a booby trap. Spikes will release, killing you if you are unlucky.
2. Jump into the water, optionally killing the skale inside, and take note of the gust pattern from the drake heads to time your swim through. You can also dodge past them, making you invulnerable to damage.
3. Once past the drake heads, swim down and back on yourself after the rock face disappears, looking up you should see a small hole in the ledge. Swimming through the hole you should find several skale, one being a veteran. Kill or swim past these, and the next set of drake heads (with a trap at the bottom), and make your way up to the surface, and onto land.
4. There are 4 unlit ancient torches in the room with the ghost pirates. All must be lit to cause a veteran ghost to spawn on the upper level. The veteran is virtually identical to the other ghosts. If any torch extinguishes, the veteran ghost will disappear. The torch on the shack in the middle of the water is the main one, you want to get "upstairs" (it'll be clear when you're there), beat the ghosts there (or avoid them), and jump onto the roof of the shack nearest the shack in the water, then to the ledge, then the platform, and onto the shack with the otherwise unreachable torch. The rest of the torches are a piece of cake comparatively.
5. Once the veteran is dead an underwater passage will open. By diving down you should see a purple-glow to one section of the rock (on the western side of the pool). There was once a collection of rocks here blocking your way, but now this passage should be clear. After some time, it becomes blocked again. Swim through the tunnel and surface on the other side. Watch out for sharks.
6. In the next tunnel (a ramp going up), rocks fall and can deal significant damage to you. You can block, dodge-roll, or simply avoid the red circles on your way up the slope.
7. Once outside the tunnel, take a bag of the Moa feed and use the speed boost to get you across the gap toward the chest. Place the moa feed on the ground, away from the chest, before getting near it. Moa should run for the feed and give you time to open the chest. If you approach the chest without distracting the Moa, they will turn hostile and attack you.