A summoned ally is an NPC or an object that is summoned by the player and plays an important role in combat, such as dealing damage, increasing attributes or providing interactive skills for the player. All professions can summon some manner of allied NPC or objects into combat they or their allies can make use of. There are also summonable allies that are specific to each of the five races.
 Types of summoned allies
- Banners are allied objects which can be summoned by the warrior profession. Once summoned, banners function as environmental weapons which, in addition to providing increase in select attributes and other effects, can be picked up by the warrior or their allies and moved around on the battlefield.
- Elementals and conjured weapons
- Elementals are summoned by elementalists using a Glyph of Elementals or Glyph of Lesser Elementals; the type of elemental is determined by the caster's current attunement: air, earth, fire, and water. Elementals last for 60 seconds or until slain. Conjured weapons are similar to banners in that they are environmental weapons and give stat boosts, however only to wielders.
- Fellow thieves
- Fellow thieves are summoned by thieves using various skills and once summoned they will fight alongside the player untill slain or their duration expires.
- Illusions are mind tricks that mesmers manifest physically using a variety of skills, and are summoned with the same appearance as its caster. Although they are usually directed at a specific target, anyone can see and attack them. They can only exist so long as their target is alive and can only be dispelled by the caster or by foes attacking the illusion directly. Mesmers can maintain up to three illusions at any one time, with newer ones replacing the oldest ones (regardless of the health of the existing illusions).
- Minions are dead flesh and bones animated by necromancers using slot skills. Most minions follow the caster, although a few remain fixed in the location at which they were created. Once summoned, the minion will automatically attack hostile targets, can be influenced using a corresponding sequence skill, and can be resummoned if destroyed. Necromancers can create up to six different minions, depending on their build.
- Nature spirits are immobile spirit allies summoned by rangers using utility or elite skills. Each spirit provides a passive buff to nearby allies and enables a sequence skill, used to harm foes or support allies.
- Spirit weapons
- Spirit Weapons are ghost-like allies summoned by guardians using utility skills. After creating a spirit weapon, the summoning skill is replaced by a sequence skill that will cause the spirit weapon to perform a powerful attack, destroying the weapon in the process. Guardians can maintain up to three spirit weapons, each of which follow the caster and can be attacked by foes; these allies survive for 20 seconds or until the caster uses the relevant sequence skill.
- Turrets are stationary devices deployed by engineers using slot skills; they can be packed up and redeployed elsewhere. Engineers can deploy only one of each type of turret, allowing them to maintain up to five simultaneously.
- Summons are other allies that can be summoned to fight alongside the player using various racial skills or various runes or sigils. They can be used by any profession.
 Upgrade components that summon allies
 See also