|Search YouTube for videos related to Spekks's Laboratory.|
Use the Control Panels to materialize platforms. Be quick to move across them, because they disappear in less than 10 seconds. Each station with a control panel works as a checkpoint. Should you fall, try to get back on solid ground and talk to a Lab Assistant to be teleported to the last station you reached. There are 6 of these checkpoints in total.
If you die in the lava, a dialog will appear and you'll be able to automatically revive and transport back to the entrance, however speak to the Lab Assistant on the right to get the option of going to your last successful platform. It may be wise to unequip your armor during the jumping parts to avoid damaging it.
A few of the platforms leading on from station five are turned sideways and thus are unusable. Jump on to the ledge to your left instead, and then rejoin the blue platforms at the ledge's far end. Also, as you progress you will come within range of the large reactor construct in the center of the lava pit, which will fire energy beams at you.
If you run out of time on a segment, you can also stand still on a platform. the game will replace on the next platform when yours vanishes, or if it was the last one, on the next ledge.
The last Control Panel is a bit hidden. When you see the four level 10 Security Golems, turn around and you'll see it. Using it activates both the golems and multiple laser traps. All four golems need to be killed to drop the forcefield behind them. Remember to equip your armor if you took it off earlier.
Completing the puzzle awards the Spekks's Laboratory explorer achievement and a Magnificent Chest.
- Magnificent Chest
- Crystallized Magic if HOPE IV: The Catalyst is unlocked
- Polarized Ooze if The Juggernaut III: The Colossus is unlocked
- Love of Solitude if The Dreamer I: The Experimental Short Bow is unlocked
- It's possible to have another player assist by reactivating the discs for you if you get stuck midway through the second or the fifth checkpoints.
- If you are killed you still have "credit" for having completed the puzzle as far as you got. So, revive at a waypoint (or use the pop-up if you died in the lava, and then come back and talk to one of the golems.