The Skritt Burglar is a female skritt that hides in a chest that appears randomly in certain locations.
When a player opens the chest, she will sometimes transform the player into an animal, which grants them an achievement, and the event Stop the skritt burglar before it escapes with the treasure will immediately start. Players must then defeat her to complete the event, but she will run around, avoiding combat, often leading players into hostile foes. When hit, she will sometimes drop loot bags that will stay on the floor for a while, so players can safely ignore them and focus on the event until the Skritt Burglar is defeated or escapes, then backtrack their steps to look for the loot bags and open them. These loot bags will have a distinctive purple glow so they can be easily noticed. If defeated, she will drop the big bag she carries around, which will have several items.
The animal you can get turned into, and thus the related achievement, depends on the area the special chest appears in:
- Behind the Mask achievement (Raccoon) in Ascalon.
- Chicken Scramble achievement (Chicken) in Kryta.
- A Waddle to Remember achievement (Siamoth) in Maguuma
- Jackaloping Along achievement (Jackalope) in Shiverpeak mountains.
Following are the locations where the chest has been known to randomly appear (it will never be in all these locations at the same time):
 Behind the Mask
- Plains of Ashford
- Cadem Forest, the chest is located just inside the Stonecrag Kraal tunnel connected to the road running northeast from the vista.
- Loreclaw Expanse, the chest is located on the northwest corner of the Loreclaw Expanse landmass, next to Windrock Maze, straight West from Mei Hawkslayer's renown heart.
- Martyr's Woods, the chest is located in a small Grawl-looking camp directly to the south of Martyr's Waypoint, between Calhaan's Haunt and Deadgod's Lair.
- The Toppled Wall, the chest is located inside the cave north and slightly west from The Viewing Hill point of interest. After entering the cave go forward to empty dead end. This is where chest spawns (if there is no chest,two ghosts will spawn when you get too close, one is veteran).
- Victor's Presidium, the chest is located on a small grassy plateau along the southern edge, located directly between Guardpoint Decimus Waypoint and Igni Castrum point of interest. There are a few dead Black Rams there, and a Veteran Lashtail Devourer may emerge from the ground when you approach the bodies.
- Fireheart Rise
- The Toughstone, in its northern part. The chest is located on top of a grass covered cliff. Juvenile Carrion Devourer & Shadow Imps are located on the cliff/ledge.
- Onager Bivouac, southeast from the vista in Highland Thaw, Enter the cave and stay to the right. There is a small campsite and the chest sits in the middle.
- Switchback Canyons, the chest can be found at the point of the upraised path southeast of Shadow Cleft. Click here for a map showing the location of the Skritt Burglar.
- Apostate Wastes, the chest can be found right at the entrance of a cave containing several Veteran Canyon Spiders.
- Forge Plains, the chest is located on a patch of light ground south of Coalpit Watchpost. Click here for a map showing the location of the Skritt Burglar.
- Diessa Plateau
- Burrows of Moledavia, northwest of the Heart NPC, near the entrance to the tunnel.
- Bottom right corner of Incendio Templum.
- Ruins of Oldgate, southwest from the Oldgate Waypoint, next to a rubble of ruined walls.
- Spider Nest Cavern, close to a dead end with Champion Cave Spider.
- The Breached Wall, located next to a shattered wall east of Remains of the Northern Wall and a vista.
- Fields of Ruin
- Halkor Meadows, Rosko's Campsite Waypoint, against the outside of the fence on the east side.
- Tenaebron Lake, at the closest branded structure northwest of Wreckage of Doomspy's Watch.
- Thunderbreak Hills, back wall in The Thunder Den.
- Warrior's Crown, behind a large tent at Ebonhawke Delegation.
- Wildlin Narrows, next to an ogre house at the grape farm.
 Chicken Scramble
- Bloodtide Coast
- Challdar Gorges, northeast of Challdar's Nest.
- Wraithwalker Woods, inside a cave at Gleaner's Archway.
- Momoztli Grounds, east of Broken Beacon under the stone bridge. It is technically in Archen Foreland, but closer to Momoztli Grounds on the map.
- Remanda Saltmarsh, west of Bloody Bill's Base.
- Risewild Hills, southeast of Lorantl Grounds, on a small cliff under a large, twisted tree.
- Altar's Windings, north of Vale Waypoint by the eastern entrance to the Troll cave, next to the warning signpost.
- Orlaf Escarpments, northwest of Cliffwatch Camp.
- The Heartwoods, on top of the small cliff between Altar Brook Crossing and Greatheart Weald.
- The Heartwoods, south of Greatheart Weald, inside an opened bear cave.
- The Heartwoods, outside the east spider cave entrance east of Township of Claypool, close to an opened Centaur tent.
- Kessex Hills
- Darkwound Defile, inside a spider cave behind an abandoned building, southeast of Darkwound Waypoint.
- Earthworks Bluff, next to the flames of the largest structure inside the camp.
- Manefire Hills, inside a tent at Kenna's Bandits, next to Veteran Centaur Trainer.
- Lychcroft Mere, on a boardwalk outside the building surrounded by bandits, northeast of Shadowheart Site waypoint.
- Overlord's Greatcamp, on the back wall inside the largest centaur camp on top of the hill.
- Gendarran Fields
- Almuten Mansion, against the outside of the southeast courtyard wall.
- Ascalon Settlement, just outside the east gate next to the Ascalon Settlement waypoint.
- Amaranth Grotto, just in front of the rock dog cage.
- Shiverspur Front, north-east of Molenheide, just outside in the middle between the three craters in the dredge's mining operation and directly north of the nearby heart quest.
- Traveler's Dale, by wall outside of fort at First Haven waypoint, runs west into mines with spiders. May also run south into The Lawen Ponds.
 A Waddle to Remember
- Brisban Wildlands
- Duskstruck Moors, next to stairs located at the southeast corner of the Thaumacore Inquiry Center.
- The Gallowfields, inside the center of the canyon.
- In a cave entrance directly south of where it says Gnashar's Hills in the map, and north-east of Angelan's Bandits.
- Along the south wall of the spinach farm in Karston Chambers.
- In a valley between Toxal Bog and The Shattered Henge, west of Henge of Denravi and the vista.
- Caledon Forest
- Due west of Bay Haven, along the rock wall boundary, and north of Dolorous Vale. It is on the top of a hill just north of the small waterfall in the treed area.
- Between Trader's Green and Willowalk Groves, west of Hanto Trading Post, there are two trunk made circles in the map, it's in the middle of the right one.
- South-west of Trader's Green, at Hemlock Coil, beside a hut on the east side.
- Just under the 'G' in Glencarn Sperrins, against the cliff face under some trees.
- Wychmire Swamp, inside a hut directly east of Banshee's Keen.
- Metrica Province
- Akk Wilds, at the bottom of the waterfall just north of Parnna's Gate.
- Cuatl Morass, almost half way between the waypoint there and the Arterium Haven waypoint in Artergon Woods, and just north of the skill challenge near the hylek veteran event boss.
- Michoan Marsh, on a partial asura gate surrounded by a group of Inquest, north-west of Biocauldron Alchemics.
- Hexane Regrade, at Conduit Tower Blig, surrounded by bushes.
- Northwest of Hexane Regrade, in a spider cave north of the river.
- Mount Maelstrom
- Broken Arrow River, east of Valley of Gwaun near a tree.
- Gauntlet Gulch, the chest is in the inquest encampment on top of the hill.
- Murkvale, southeast of Aliyana's Haunt. The chest is along the road before the bridge.
- The Stychs, northeast edge of the Malxa Pyronetics structure, behind a tent.
- Criterion Canyon, at Rata Pten.
 Jackaloping Along
- Wayfarer Foothills
- Darkriven Bluffs, at Hermit's Watch, outside the fence area of Blane the Insane.
- Hunter's Lake, near The Frozen Maw & the Defeat the elder icebrood troll and his minions location.
- Moleberia, south-west corner, runs out of the mine.
- Svanir's Dome, just outside the small building directly west of the vista.
- The Osenfold Shear, inside the Haivoissen Kenning Jotun settlement, to the left as you go in.
- Snowden Drifts
- Isenfall Gullies near Jormabakke Stead. Click here to see a screenshot highlighting the chest
- Hrothgar's Pass, northeast of the region label on the map, alongside a large rock next to the road marked on the map.
- Trapper's Labyrinth, The chest is situated in the snow covered area east of the Frostgorge Sound portal and west of the vista inside Trapper's Labyrinth.
- Song of Final Exile, the chest is to the east of Exile Waypoint at the small Kodan camp/cave.
- Villmark Foothills, east of the region label on the map and west of Drakentelt.
- Lornar's Pass
- False Lake, located on the east side of Greybeard's Landing, under a shipwreck of a hostile pirate camp.
- Between False River Valley and Highfirn Passage, inside a Jotun camp on the west side of the camp area.
- Lake of Lamentation, against a small cliff face south from a steam outpost in the center of the frozen lake.
- Nentor Valley, at Ravenbeak Shrine, runs west into cave with grawl.
- The Thunderhorns, further east of Mistriven Waypoint, inside a grawl cave under the vista.
- Frostgorge Sound
- Arundon Vale, northeast of Offering Stone. The chest is on the land next to where the lake meets the mountain.
- Bore Lynch, east of Krok's Ruin. The chest is situated when the southern wall of the cave comes to a point.
- Trionic Lattice, west of Elder's Vale. The chest is at the bottom of the canyon filled with ice elementals and ice imps.
- Wayward Climb, west-northwest of Arkor's Tomb. The chest is in the interior corner of the two standing walls.
- Stonesledge Draft, in a tent/shack of the Dredge camp. The tent is just south of the circular ramp.
- Immune to crippling effects.
You can increase your chances of getting achievements in following ways:
- Equip ranged Basic quality weapon and lose all traits and sigils/runes that can apply any kind of damage over time condition (and if you can - lower your critical chance). You will hit Burglar many times more and your chance of getting transformed will get much higher.
- Play in the morning when maps are much less populated. Opening chest triggers the event and can attract some unaware players that will want to simply kill the Burglar.
- Play in a party of 2-3 people and when looking for the Burglar's chests locate on different spawn points, (but on same map, when chest spawns you or your party won't have to load new map to teleport to chest). This will save you a lot of money, you won't need to teleport all the time to check all the spawn points.