Map of Searing Ascent
is a jumping puzzle
in Draconis Mons
, starting at the Searing Ascent
point of interest. At the end of the jumping puzzle is an Ancient Chest
, and completing the jumping puzzle the first time awards the Searing Ascent
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the route through the jumping puzzle.
- Grab the Oakheart Essence at the start. Be aware that wasting a single charge unnecessarily will mean you won't be able to reach the first checkpoint. Jump around the first corner (to avoid slipping off the edge), and up onto the plateau. (Image 1)
- Jump from the high point (at the right) to the low part of the next plateau (on the left). At the edge of the next platform are some rocks jutting out from the rock face. Climb to the high point of this ledge. (Image 2)
- Turn around to look to the north, and glide over to the platform above the next platform. Jump up the jutting out rocks and progress around the corner. (Image 3)
- Glide over to the jutting out rocks on the next platform and carefully jump up the slope (this is tricky and may take a few attempts). (Image 4)
- Walk to the end of the next platform and look up. (Image 5A) You need to use Oakheart's Reach (#1) on as high as possible above you, then glide to the right beneath the arch. Almost immediately after rounding the corner you will have to use Oakheart's Reach (#2) to reach the edge of the shiny volcano ledge on the right. (Image 5B).
- Walk up the left edge to the highest point (Image 6A), and then use Oakheart's Reach (#3) on the cliff face opposite, with the aim of gliding into the planted area on the far side. (Image 6B)
- On the right in front of you is the first Refreshing Spring (the first checkpoint) - interacting with this grants you the special action skill Return to Checkpoint.
- First checkpoint
- Bathe in the first Refreshing Spring. If you look above it, you'll notice an Oakheart's Essence which you need to get to but cannot currently reach. Turn around and walk north until you come across a skeleton with a hand pointing over the edge. (Image 7)
- Glide forwards (you'll need to lean) and follow the wall on your right until you can see a gray ramp leading up to some greenery. (Images 8A and 8B). Land and walk up the greenery. At the top of the ramp in an alcove you will find a second Oakheart's Essence. Backtrack to the top of the ramp and use Oakheart's Reach (#1) to gain some height, and glide back left around the corner to the first checkpoint. Use Oakheart's Reach again (#2) to reach the Oakheart's Essence above the checkpoint. Interact with it and make sure you have three charges remaining.
- With the first checkpoint behind you, continue forwards and drop down slightly. Above and slightly to your left is a ramp on the opposite side of the chasm. Cross over the chasm to the top left of the slope using Oakheart's Reach (#1). (Image 9)
- Walk or glide down the slope (opposite where you came from) until you reach an opening on the right, and then go through it. (Images 10A and 10B)
- Walk up the corridor and head left to emerge at an opening. (Images 10A and B)
- Glide forwards and left, under the beam. Use Oakheart's Reach (#2) to get closer to the ceiling on the light brown stalactite, and glide over to the shiny volcano ledge. Walk up it and use (#3) to get to the opposite ledge with the greenery on it. The third checkpoint is beneath a large mushroom to the left. Climb the plateau once you've triggered the checkpoint to obtain another Oakheart's Essence.
- Second checkpoint
- Third checkpoint
| Searing Ascent
|| 1 10
| Complete the Searing Ascent.Taking the scenic route...
|| Got to Titan's Throat by Scaling the Searing Ascent