Revival is the process of bringing a player or NPC back from downed or defeated state. Any character can revive another by using the context-sensitive action (default key ) while next to the applicable target. Some NPCs will revive other NPCs and (occasionally) players. The more characters that assist, the faster the revival process completes.
- 1 Mechanics
- 2 Related skills
- 3 Related traits
- 4 Related masteries
- 5 Related equipment
- 6 Related consumables
- 7 Notes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- Reviving a downed target gives 3% of total health every 0.2 seconds, for a total of 15% per second. It takes 2-7 seconds to revive a downed target based on its initial health.
- Reviving a defeated target gives 1% of total health every 0.2 seconds, for a total of 5% per second. It takes 20 seconds to revive a defeated target.
- Revival ticks equally fast when in combat. However when reviving defeated targets, the amount of health given is halved. It takes 40 seconds to revive a defeated target when in combat.
- Revived targets get back with 50% of their maximum health and become invulnerable for one second.
- "Revive speed" attribute increases the healing done by ticks. "Revive speed" stacks additively. When healing defeated targets in combat, the effect is doubled.
- Healing Power and WvW healing boost have no effect on revival.
- "Health boost after revival" is based on the maximum health. For example reviving a downed target with 30% more health actually means the target gets up with 80% health. This is affected by WvW healing boost.
- Characters and NPCs requiring revival can be identified as follows:
- Poison and Agony's healing reduction is effective on downed allies, making it take longer to revive them. They can also cause revival skills to not fully revive an ally.
Skills that revive allies can only revive them from Downed state, not Defeated state. NPCs that respond to normal revival (via interacting) can always be revived by these skills; ones that don't are not intended to be revived, but will occasionally respond to a revival skill anyway.
Utility skills that revive
- Signet of Mercy
- "Search and Rescue!"
- Glyph of Renewal
- Illusion of Life; temporary (permanent if ally defeats opponent)
- Signet of Undeath
Elite skills that revive
Skills with special conditions that revive
- Symbol of Judgment (downed skill)
- Toss Elixir R (toolbelt skill for Elixir R)
- Life Leech (downed skill)
- Bandage (downed skill)
Traits that affect revival
- Protective Reviver — Activate a shield of absorption when you begin reviving an ally. Upon successful revival, you and ally aegis, protection and regeneration.
- Courageous Return — Virtue of Courage is recharged when you revive an ally or when you rally.
- Determined Revival — Gain extra toughness per level while reviving.
- Radiant Revival — Gain infuse light when you begin reviving an ally. Your revive speed is increased.
- Reviver's Might — Grant might to nearby allies when you successfully revive someone.
- Function Gyro — You gain access to the function gyro, which can be used to finish a foe or revive an ally at range.
- Allies' Aid — When you begin reviving an ally, you use search and rescue on them. Increase revive speed.
- Merciful Ambush — Stealth yourself and your target when reviving an ally. You revive allies faster.
- Arcane Resurrection — You have increased revive speed. When you revive an ally, you and the revived ally gain an aura based on your attunement.
- Medic's Feedback — Create a feedback bubble while reviving an ally. Your revival speed is increased.
- Ritual of Life — Create a well of blood when reviving an ally. Revive speed is increased.
- Transfusion — Shroud skill 4 heals and partially revives nearby allies. Up to five downed allies near you teleport to your location while you're channeling shroud skill 4.
- Life from Death — Heal and partially revive allies in an area when you exit shroud.
- Rune of Mercy
- With 2/6; You take less damage while reviving
- With 4/6; You resurrect allies with 30% more health
- With 6/6; You revive allies 20% faster
- Revive Orb — double-click to revive yourself from the defeated state
- You gain a small amount of experience by reviving allies. Certain achievements are tied to reviving allies.
- Quickness or Slow don't affect revival speed.
- The contextual revive is considered a skill for most intents and purposes. Because of this:
- Reviving 1000 allies grants the No One Left Behind achievement which in turn gives the Combat Healer title.
- Reviving NPCs counts towards this achievement.
- Channeling a revive skill (including the contextual revive) will increase the aggression value of some creatures against the character activating the skills, which will in turn increase the chances of the reviving character being attacked by those creatures; stopping or completing the activation will in turn decrease aggression in the same amount.
- When a character is successfully revived, they will occasionally shout one of the following lines depending on race and gender:
|Asura|| I was getting tired of lying around
Guess who's back. It's me, by the way.
|I don't think well on the ground!|
|Charr|| Glad you could help.
You can't keep a good charr down.
| I can fight again! Thanks! |
Lucky you came along!
Too strong to stay down!
|Human|| Thanks for the help.
You can't keep a good man down.
|I was in some deep trouble there.|
|Norn|| Good move.
Get me on my feet.
I will remember this.
|They can't keep me down!|
|Sylvari|| Oh, thank you.
I owe you my life.
I nearly died. Thanks.
|I'm up... I'm up.|
- Death and resurrection were renamed to "defeat" and "revival" to match lore, as resurrections are no longer possible as easily as 250 years ago before the Human Gods ceased their direct interaction with Tyria. Because of this, defeated players are never considered to be dead in lore.
- There are some remnants of the old terms still in the game. Examples of this are the /deaths command and the [Resurrect] effect that appears in the combat log when players use the context-sensitive revive action.
- The Replica Job-o-Tron Backpack may randomly speak lines when reviving allies.