Meditate, charging a spell that will daze your target.
Attribute Adjust While Channeling: 600
- Number of Casts: 2
— In-game description [?]
- Harmonious Mantras - Mantras can be activated three times before needing to be channeled again. Activating a mantra gives a stacking damage bonus.
- Restorative Mantras - Heal allies around you when you finish preparing a mantra.
- The mesmer chants "Obfuscate. Disorient. Confusion." while charging the mantra.
- Contrary to the skill's description, Mantra of Distraction may potentially daze more enemies than merely the mesmer's target.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| July 26, 2016
- The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 20 seconds to 12 seconds.
| October 23, 2015
|| Heart of Thorns release:
- Fixed a bug that prevented the toughness granted by channeling a mantra from scaling properly with your effective level.
| July 28, 2015
- Reduced this skill's recharge from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Fixed a bug that caused mantras to begin recharging as soon as the preparation skill was complete instead of when the last charge was expended.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Mantras now give 600 toughness while channeling them.
| September 09, 2014
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to have mantra charges when the associated mantra was not equipped.
| October 15, 2013
- Reduced the underwater cast time to 2.75 seconds to match the on-land cast time.
| April 30, 2013
- Reduced mantra cast times from 3.25 seconds to 2.75 seconds.
| December 14, 2012
- Decreased all Mantra cast times by one second.
| October 07, 2012
- Added a much faster breakout for mesmer underwater mantras.
| October 01, 2012
- Updated mantras to now function underwater as they do above water.
- They also no longer go on full recharge when interrupted.
| September 25, 2012
- Fixed text on "readied" mantra buffs.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Mantra of Distraction has been added to the game.