Malchor the Sculptor
Malchor the Sculptor
And again, Dwayna, and again, and again, until I have captured your beauty, you. You will be mine! You will be MINE!
According to an old legend, Malchor was a great artist who carved statues of the Human Gods. After he was done carving their statues, the gods shut themselves away from mankind. But Malchor had fallen in love with Dwayna. He couldn't stand thinking he'd never see her again, so he threw himself into the ocean and drowned. Sailors used to say that the steeples along the Orrian Veil were Malchor's hands reaching out of the sea toward the heavens, trying to touch the gods that left him behind so long ago.
- Malchor's Leap
- Drive Malchor to the Altar of Tempests (79) [Group Event]
- Defeat the possessed statue of Dwayna (79) [Group Event]
- Gains Feeding Frenzy at 30% health
- Stolen skills
- Leave me alone.
- Staring at the true face of the Gods is like staring at the sun. If you do so for long periods (not just catch a glimpse), their glory will eventually (fairly swiftly) cause you to go blind. Malchor was totally willing to do this in order to serve them; and to get to see Dwayna. Even at that, he only looked upon each God for a few moments before he went to make their statue, limiting his loss of vision as much as possible so that he could make it through to the end of his task.
- Historian Vermoth makes a point of noting that Malchor is suspiciously free of dragon corruption.
- It could be that Malchor is the father to Grenth. Grenth is Dwayna's son, but only half-god. His father was a mortal sculptor, but that is one of the greatest secrets of the Church of Grenth. Additionally, it was said that Grenth rose where his father fell—both Dhuum's Last Stand (where the mantle of the godhood was transferred onto Grenth) and Sculptor's End are located within Malchor's Leap.
- ^ Guild Wars 2 : le Détroit de Malchor - Mondes Persistants
- ^ The Tragedy of Malchor
- ^ Malchor and Dwayna - Page 2 - Durmand Priory - Guild Wars 2 Guru - Page 2
- ^ Dialogue with Priestess Rhie in Cathedral of Silence.
- ^ The Six: Volume 6—Grenth: God of Death
- ^ Ask Anna #5: Who Wrote the Malchor Skill Challenge? — Anna Megill