Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed
Today’s a good day to be afraid. You have tomorrow and the rest of your life to be brave.
— Magnus the Bloody-Handed
Captain Magnus "the Bloody-Handed" Irondawn is the norn captain of the Cormorant, and the current leader of the Lionguard. A member of the Ship's Council, he is responsible for protecting the merchants and enforcing the law in Lion's Arch. Before his current post, he was an adventurer who gained great fame for himself.
In 1319 AE, Magnus was indirectly responsible for the formation of Destiny's Edge, and travelled with the guild to defeat Morgus Lethe, his former captain and a lieutenant of Zhaitan. In 1325 AE he led the defence of Lion's Arch against the karka, and in 1327 AE he defended Lion's Arch once more, against the forces of Scarlet Briar. In the process of attempting to hold Fort Marriner, Magnus lost one of his eyes fighting a Molten Berserker, and was evacuated aboard Captain Ellen Kiel's airship.
 Living World involvement
- Contractually Obligated
- Ceremony and Acrimony
- No More Secrets
- A Future in Politics
- Strangers from the Sky
- Lion's Arch (Under Attack!)
- Lion's Arch (Enemy Controlled)
For previous dialogue, see here.
- "Let me get a look at you. I knew it-the Scarlet killer. You did a fine job on that platform. You saved this fair city and gave people hope. Thank you."
What's next for Lion's Arch?
- "Between you and me, we're spread too thin. I find myself praying to the Spirits more and more that nothing else happens to Lion's Arch."
- Good luck.
For previous quotes, see here.
- Magnus did not appear in-game until the November 15th, 2012 update.