Mad King's Labyrinth
Mad King's Labyrinth
The Mad King's Labyrinth is an area in the Mad King's Realm that's only accessible during Halloween. It uses the same layout as the Lunatic Inquisition activity and contains multiple Halloween creatures, Haunted Doors, Carving Pumpkins, and Raw Candy Corn veins.
- Mad King Doors (with green and yellow mist) send you to the northeastern waypoint.
- Bloody Prince Doors (with purple and red mist) send you to the northwestern waypoint.
Locations and objectives
- Mad King's Labyrinth Waypoint (northeast)
- Mad King's Labyrinth Waypoint (northwest)
- Defeat the strange foe that came through the haunted door (0)
- Defeat the strange foes coming through the haunted door (0)
- Slay the Labyrinthine Horror (80) [Group Event]
- Prepare for a race around the Labyrinth (80)
- Reach the finish line! (80)
- Bloody Prince Thorn (80)
- Bruce Junior (80)
- Court Chef (80)
- Court Banker (80)
- Court Merchant (80)
- Drooburt (80)
- Gourdon the Racing Choya (80)
- Lunatic Announcer (80)
- Lunatic Boatmaster (80)
- Lunatic Racer Nellermoe (80)
- Mad King Thorn (80)
- Mad King's Steward (80)
- Mr. Gum Drops (80)
- Bite-Sized Candy Corn Elemental (80)
- Candy Corn Elemental (80)
- Gargoyle (80)
- Glow-in-the-Dark Skeleton (80)
- Glow-in-the-Dark Spider (80)
- Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn (89)
- Labyrinthine Horror
- Legendary Skeletal Lich
- Mummy (80)
- Plastic Spider (80)
- Rebel Lunatic
- Skeleton (80)
- Small Plastic Spider (80)
- Veteran Gargoyle (80)
- Veteran Glow-in-the-Dark Spider
- Veteran King-Sized Candy Corn Elemental (80)
- Veteran Mummy (80)
- Veteran Plastic Spider (80)
- Veteran Rebel Lunatic
- Veteran Skeleton (80)
- Historical foes
- Haunted Door
- Carving Pumpkin
- Glorious Chest (spawns after defeating the Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn and the Legendary Skeletal Lich)
- Edrick's "tantrums"
- Mad King Thorn: I forgot how much your little tantrums bored me, Eddie.
- Bloody Prince Thorn: It's Edrick! Edrick the Bloody! Let's see how bored you'll be when I tear you limb from limb, you maniac.
- Mad King Thorn: Ooh, getting all emotional, I see. Why don't you run home to momma and cry.
- Bloody Prince Thorn: I can't. You beheaded her.
- Mad King Thorn: Best birthday ever. What about your stepmother, Estrella?
- Bloody Prince Thorn: You put her in a coffin filled with rats and bumped it into the sea! Henrietta was the only one who was kind to me, and you killed her, too.
- Mad King Thorn: No, my massacring little moppet. That was you. (laugh) You decided to play Pin the Tail on the Drake with her.
- Mad King Thorn: Of course, you literally nailed her hands to the drake. (laugh)
- Bloody Prince Thorn: You...stop. Stop laughing! I...I did that? I remember the hammer. All that blood.
- Mad King Thorn: Oh, you never liked her. And she bored me. Besides, I was proud of you for that.
- Bloody Prince Thorn: Really?
- Mad King Thorn: No. You've always been a major disappointment.
- Name struck from history
- Bloody Prince Thorn: How dare you. You struck my name from history!
- Mad King Thorn: I would have given it back to you the moment you learned your lesson.
- Bloody Prince Thorn: But I died in that box.
- Mad King Thorn: What can I say? You were always a slow learner.
- Starvation and candy corn
- Bloody Prince Thorn: I will draw out your death, Father. I learned things in that box. Starvation is a slow, agonizing death.
- Mad King Thorn: Oh, you're still whining about that. I gave you food.
- Bloody Prince Thorn: You locked me in there with a mouth full of candy corn! That's not food. That's...your idea of a joke.
- Mad King Thorn: Oh, look. The starving boy is being picky. You always were a whiner.
- Bloody Prince Thorn: I don't see why you're so shocked. Your subjects butchered you. You should be used to uprisings.
- Bloody Prince Thorn: After all, you killed your father. It's time history repeated itself.
- Mad King Thorn: So your plan here is poetic irony? Ooh, I'm so scared. Bloody Prince Thorn. (laughs)
- The Mad King's Labyrinth is divided between the Mad King's forces in the north and the Bloody Prince's forces in the south, with large amounts of most types of Halloween creatures occupying different sections.
- North - Gargoyles (the griffon variation).
- Northwest - Plastic Spiders.
- Northeast - Candy Corn Elementals.
- South - Skeletons.
- East - Candy Corn Elementals.
- West - Mummies.
- Center - Glow-in-the-Dark Skeletons, Glow-in-the-Dark Spiders, Rebel Lunatics, and Gargoyles (the rock dog variation); also mirrors the outer layout.
- Each instance of this map has a maximum capacity of 25 players.
- While flying above the Labyrinth on a Griffon or while using a Glider, the Out of Bounds, Out of Mind effect will be applied to the player.
- This area was first introduced with the October 22nd, 2012 update, as part of the Shadow of the Mad King release. During this time, Haunted Doors were all the same type and champions could spawn from them.
- It was added back into the game with the October 15th, 2013 update, as part of the Blood and Madness release. During this time, Haunted Doors were split into two types and the champion spawns were replaced with unique legendary creatures.
- With the Halloween event starting October 17th, 2017, Mounts (released in Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire), and Gliding (released in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns), are now allowed within the Labyrinth, with restrictions: King Thorn has graciously deigned to allow gliding and mounts in his Labyrinth. Please do not glide, jump, float, teleport, or otherwise traverse over the maze walls in an attempt to cheat at the maze, damage the scenery, or harass the royal family—trespassers will be punished. — release notes