Mad King's Clock Tower
Mad King's Clock Tower
Map of Mad King's Clock Tower
Mad King's Clock Tower
is a jumping puzzle of the area of the same name
and resides in the Mad King's Realm
. It was available during Halloween 2012
, and has been reopened for the Halloween 2013 event
 Getting there
Enter through any Haunted Door with a pumpkin icon. Talk to the Lunatic Boatmaster and select to go to the clock tower. There you will arrive at the Mad King's Tower Dock. This serves as a hub for groups waiting to start the jumping puzzle. The dock will teleport the player to the start of the puzzle and start a timer.
||Search YouTube for videos related to Mad King's Clock Tower (jumping puzzle).
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to Mad King's Clock Tower jumping puzzle.
- You will start on a large gear and follow the platforms rotating around the the tower.
- Run up the stairs in front of you. It takes fewer jumps following the left side of the stairs.
- You will get to another cog. After ten seconds or so, the wall of the tower will explode, leaving rubble for you to climb.
- Jump on the clock, up to edge of the block, and then to the top of the block.
- Jump either on or over the floating cube in front. It's difficult to jump around.
- Jump to the next platform. Jump directly to the next block, ignoring the small gear.
- Hop up a step the jump to the platform on the right.
- Stay on the right side and jump to the next rock. There is a chest on the left side with a bar leading to it. (Chest 1)
- Hop to the next platform then onto the large gear. Continue directly to the next platform.
- Jump across a couple platforms and a large gear then head up to another rock platform. There is a chest to your left you can grab. (Chest 2)
- There is a small cubic platform to your right, hop to it from the far edge, then head up the rock ahead.
- The next jump to the gear is long, so jump as late as possible. Jump up to the stairs on the right side.
- Jump top of the giant gear tilted right. If you fall to the left, you cannot recover.
- Jump to the staircase then up a couple purple platforms.
- You must jump to the narrow metal bar on your left. You can either jump to it directly or from the small gear near it.
- Jump horizontally to the wall piece connected to the upper stairs and hop a couple times to get up.
- Follow the path until you get to two narrow bars sticking out of the platform. Jump down to the gear below, it's a long fall. There is a chest on this gear you can grab, hopefully not dying. (Chest 3)
- Follow the next couple platforms. There will be two paths leading to the top, the longer one seemingly blocked off. You can follow this one if you use the next platform, but it takes much longer and has no chest for the effort.
- Hop across some rocks and a couple metal bars.
- At the end of second bar, jump to the rock piece on your left.
- Head up the connected stairs and wait at the top.
- The clock face will explode after spinning a couple times. The green vortex will begin encroaching by the final spin.
- Jump through the clock face when the window explodes.
- Collect the Magnificent Chest as your reward.
- All your skills and abilities will be disabled in the jumping puzzle:
- All boons will be removed.
- You will drop any environmental weapon you are holding.
- Speed Boosters will retain their normal effect.
- Effects will be retained, such as the Elementalist trait One with Air.
- Do not stop moving, you will not have much time to move after jumping to the lower platform.
- Stick to the right side of platforms. The further you move left, the more time you are wasting.
- It is possible to get all three chests in the same run and still complete the puzzle. Double tap your action key (default F) to get the reward immediately and break the chest opening animation. You will likely to fail the puzzle if you aren't quick with even getting one chest, however.
- The normal chests will reset after a few minutes, the magnificent chest resets per completion, but will offer no reward after the per day reward is obtained.
- Joshua Foreman built this map, he estimated "maybe 5% of people would make it to the top."
- Skeletal hands will start grabbing at you once the vortex gets close.
- The clock tower was first introduced with the October 22nd, 2012 update, as part of the Shadow of the Mad King release.
- It was added back into the game with the October 15th, 2013 update, as part of the Blood and Madness release.
- The update also added a new mechanic similar to culling that changed the appearance of other players' character models into small, blue wisps while they were doing the puzzle. This was in response to a widespread issue experienced during the previous year where large norn and charr characters were obstructing the view of other players.
- This is the only jumping puzzle that has its own activity-style instance.
- ^ Joshua Foreman Video Comment, Youtube