The login screen appears after the client has checked for updates, and is the first screen requiring user input after Guild Wars 2 is started.
Entering a valid account name and password, followed by pressing both the "Login" and "Play" buttons will take the user to the character selection screen.
- Remember account name - this checkbox will cause the client to fill in the account name (email address) field automatically.
- Remember password - this checkbox will cause the client to fill in the password field automatically.
- Note that remembered passwords greater than 6 characters long will be fully remembered, but only 6 asterisks will be displayed.
- Auto-Play - this checkbox will cause the client to continue to the character selection screen 5 seconds after pressing the "Login" button.
- Language - The user interface language can be changed (note that this change will require restarting the client)
Beta login screen
- This section refers to the appearance and functionality of the login screen prior to the release of Guild Wars 2 in August 2012.
The beta login screen cycled between various images seen through the logo.
- Account security
A three color image, or Chroma Hash, appeared when a password was entered. The pallet of colors displayed was identical each time the same password was entered. It served as a visual check that the password had been entered correctly.
GW2 login screens
Before the Heart of Thorns expansion