Join your fellow guild members to take on an entirely new category of content! These missions, designed for coordinated group play, include everything from bounties to group puzzles to cross-country challenges. You’ll need to work together to complete the missions and earn new Guild Merits, which can unlock cool upgrades and rewards. It pays to be in a guild!
— Official website
Guild Missions must be unlocked in a given order, shown in the table below together with the research costs in influence and merits, the time to complete and the tech level prerequisite. Guild Bounty Training becomes available automatically after Art of War level 3 is unlocked.
|Tech tree (Level)||Influence||Merits||Time||Other|
|Guild Bounty Training||Find and defeat a single bounty target within a given time.||Art of War (3)||n/a||n/a||n/a||Earns influence instead of merits.|
|Guild Bounty||Track down and kill various outlaws for the Orders||Art of War (5)||30,000||0||3 days||Enables earning of merits.|
|Guild Trek||Find locations for the Tyrian Explorers Society.||Economy (6)||50,000||30||1 week||Requires Guild Bounty|
|Guild Rush||Survive difficult conditions running as a group.||Politics (6)||50,000||80||1 week||Requires Guild Trek|
|Guild Challenge||A guild-focused extension to the existing event system.||Art of War (6)||50,000||150||1 week||Requires Guild Rush|
|Guild World Event||Spawn a boss at a specific location.||Art of War (6)||50,000||100||1 week||Requires Guild Rush/Guild Challenge|
|Guild Puzzle||Similar to jumping puzzles, but requiring coordinated effort.||Architecture (6)||50,000||250||1 week||Requires Guild Challenge|
After a mission type is unlocked, the guild will need to build a consumable activation to trigger each attempt at that mission.
|Guild Bounty Training||3 days||300||0|
|Guild Bounty (all tiers)||12 hours||200||0|
|Guild Trek (all tiers)||1 day||200||0|
|Guild Rush||1 day||200||0|
|Guild Challenge||1 day||200||0|
|Guild World Event||1 day||10,000||20|
|Guild Puzzle||1 day||200||0|
Up to 10 activations can be stockpiled per mission type and tier (Guild event is only 3), so it is possible to retry the mission immediately following a failure if the guild has extra activations built ahead of time.
Each guild mission type has certain criteria for completion. Guild Bounty requires that all the bounties are found and defeated within a certain time period, whereas Guild Rush requires that a certain number of guild members successfully complete the rush within the time provided.
The weekly caps mentioned below reset on Sundays at 00:00 (UTC+0).
- Personal rewards
Players who help complete a mission while representing the guild which has that mission active will receive the following rewards (you do not have to represent the guild who activated the mission as long as the guild you are representing has that mission currently active through the guild UI):
|Guild Bounty Training||0 Guild Commendations||0||No equipment|
|Guild Bounty||2 Guild Commendations||50||2 pieces of rare or better equipment|
|Guild Trek||0 Guild Commendations||0||No equipment|
|Guild Rush||1 Guild Commendation||50||2 pieces of rare or better equipment|
|Guild Challenge||2 Guild Commendations||50||2 pieces of rare or better equipment|
|Guild World Event||0 Guild Commendations||0||Equipment dropped by the boss|
|Guild Puzzle||1 Guild Commendations||50||2 pieces of rare or better equipment|
|Weekly Maximum||6 Guild Commendations||2||8 pieces of rare or better equipment|
These personal rewards can only be earned once per account per week, per type of guild mission. This leads to a maximum of 4 personal rewards per week (one each from Guild Bounties, Guild Rushes, Guild Challenges and Guild Puzzles). It is not possible to obtain more rewards by repeating missions while representing a different guild.
- Guild rewards
Guilds which successfully complete a mission will receive Guild Merits or Influence, depending on the type of mission completed. Merit rewards are limited to once per week per mission type, based on the highest tier of that mission type the guild completes within the week. The influence reward from Guild Bounty Training missions is awarded on every completion.
|Guild Bounty Training||3000|
|Guild Bounty|| Tier 1: 15 |
Tier 2: 20
Tier 3: 25
|Guild Trek|| Tier 1: 5 400 |
Tier 2: 7 500
Tier 3: 10 700
|Weekly Maximum||110 (no limit on influence)|
Guild officers may increase the chance of success and enjoyment for guild members by:
- Including the starting day/times of Guild missions in the Guild message of the day.
- Announce that Guild missions will be occurring in guild chat several times prior to start time.
- Link the closest waypoint with direction from the waypoint in Guild chat after each mission has begun.
- Encourage the creation of parties among guild members. This will help less-experienced members find the correct location and enable taxis, if necessary.
- Wait a reasonable period for interested Guild members to arrive. It may be necessary to provide escort for low-level guild members who do not have the closest waypoints mapped or are traveling through areas above their current level.
- Coordinate with other Guilds who may be running the same mission concurrently. Generally each Guild that has activated a mission may receive both individual-credit and guild-credit regardless which guild starts the mission. It may require that one Guild member remains in the area to accept guild-credit when the mission timer completes.
- Perform clearing of hostile mobs during Guild rush. Escort for less experienced members may be helpful.
- You can receive rewards from guild missions that are started on a world that you are guesting to.
- If you are new to Guild Wars 2 or Guild missions then use advanced search in user space for additional information that is not included here.
- Guild missions were introduced in the Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm update (26 February 2013).
- Guild Bounty Training were added in the March 26, 2013 update to make it easier for smaller guilds to afford the steep unlocking costs.
- Guild World Events were added in the Game updates/2014-04-15 to allow guilds to spawn world bosses outside of the regularly scheduled spawn times added with mega servers.
- With the September 2014 Feature Pack, a reservation system is used to prioritize adding guild members to a specific map for guild missions. There is a limit to the number of reservations.