Fiery Dragon Sword
Fiery Dragon Sword
Click to enlarge
Double-click to apply this look to any other sword.
— In-game description
The Fiery Dragon Sword is a stylized fire-breathing dragon sword. Although it resembles the legendary weapons Magdaer and Sohothin, it is merely an Ascalonian replica without special powers. Swords like this were an iconic symbol of the fallen human nation, but have become less common during the last century. The Guild Warrior who defeated the Great Destroyer managed to obtain one that was subsequently placed in the Hall of Monuments, where it has been guarded by the ghosts there ever since, waiting for a hero worthy of its power.
- Kimmes the Historian at Far Shiverpeaks in Eye of the North, for 0 . You must be a player of the original Guild Wars and have acquired at least 10 Hall of Monuments reward points.
- As of 6/23/14, this is the only non-legendary weapon skin that has a base damage type of "Fire Damage". This is unrelated to Burning and has no effect on combat mechanics.
- Specifically, its only effect will be changing strike effects of certain skills to those caused by fire-themed skills, and death animations of creatures defeated with this weapon to look as if there were defeated by burning or fire-themed skills.
- This weapon will act as a source of ambient lighting for the wielder, but other players will not be able to see anything except the flame on the weapon.
- At one point in development, players were to be given the opportunity to stumble upon a Fiery Dragon Sword warehouse, but this idea was later dropped.
- When you unsheathe this weapon, a quiet sound effect is played.
- The PvP version of this item was introduced in the March 26, 2013 update.
- Similar in appearance to the Icy Dragon Sword from Guild Wars, Jormag's Breath uses a similar design with blue hilt and flame.