Obtain proof of Gorr's theory with Crusader Slep.
- Meet Crusader Slep and Professor Gorr outside First Haven.
- Locate a suitable spot for Gorr's experiment.
- Protect Gorr while he collects data.
- Find a larger, more powerful undead test subject.
- Defeat the undead abomination.
Confer with Zojja and the order reps.
- Regroup with Zojja and the order reps in Rata Sum.
- Join an order and help that order spread Gorr's message.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Vigorous Iron Hammer, Rejuvenating Iron Mace, Honed Iron Greatsword
- One of the following: Vigorous Iron Hammer, Rejuvenating Iron Mace, Rejuvenating Simple Staff
- One of the following: Honed Iron Greatsword, Vigorous Iron Hammer, Honed Iron Rifle
- One of the following: Ravaging Iron Pistol, Honed Iron Rifle, Hearty Iron Shield
- One of the following: Honed Iron Greatsword, Hunter's Journeymen Longbow, Ravaging Simple Short Bow
- One of the following: Ravaging Iron Sword, Ravaging Simple Short Bow, Ravaging Iron Pistol
- One of the following: Ravaging Iron Dagger, Ravaging Simple Scepter, Rejuvenating Simple Staff
- One of the following: Honed Iron Greatsword, Rejuvenating Simple Staff, Ravaging Iron Sword
- One of the following: Ravaging Simple Scepter, Ravaging Iron Dagger, Rejuvenating Simple Staff
Talk to Crusader Slep to trigger a cutscene. Professor Gorr needs to test his device, and for that he needs a concentrated area of undead. Enter the swamp with your allies and move to the first location. Undead will slowly approach in waves of increasing size. A cinematic appears after the last wave. These minor undead have proven less than useful to "prove" Gorr's theory. Moving further into the swamp, you find a cave with a Veteran Risen Abomination. Defeat this foe to complete the field test.
Return to Rata Sum to permanently choose an order to join.
- First Instance
- Second Instance
Approaching your allies:
- Professor Gorr: All this for me and my test? I'm impressed with the level of the Vigil's commitment.
- Crusader Slep: We're determined to see you succeed, Professor.
- Professor Gorr: So glad to hear it. I need to complete a few calibrations, and then we can begin.
Speaking with Slep (cinematic):
- Crusader Slep: With respect, Professor, we need to begin. Tell us how you plan to proceed, and we'll make sure you're not interrupted.
- Professor Gorr: Of course. This area has...eh...a concentration of dragon minions—undead, to be precise—large enough to provide an accurate measurement.
- Professor Gorr: Once I have that, it's a simple matter of correlating that data with the baseline metrics I've drived back in my lab.
- <Character Name>>: We're standing by, Professor. You can begin whenever you're ready.
After the cinematic:
- Crusader Slep: Form up, Vigil. We've no time to waste.
- Professor Gorr: I'm sure Slep is competent, but I'll stick with you if that's all right.
Speaking with allies:
- Crusader Slep: This will only be a skirmish, but it could show us how to win the war. If we can prove Gorr's theory, we'll have a clearly identified line of attack on the Elder Dragons.
- I'm ready.
- Professor Gorr: This is exciting! I usually conduct my experiments indoors, in a tightly controlled environment. I expect this new outdoor approach to yield unprecedented results.
- Ready when you are, Professor.
Arriving at the first area:
- Professor Gorr: Well! (cough) I'd forgotten how...(gulp) fragrant swamps can be.
- Professor Gorr: This spot is ideal for my purposes. Is it acceptable to you?
- Crusader Slep: It is. We're on the edge of the minion's territory, as safe a spot as we can hope for.
- Professor Gorr: Excellent. Though I should warn you, this device may attract some...unwanted attention.
- Professor Gorr: Stand by. The device is working perfectly, and I'm getting some readings.
- Professor Gorr: Not much activity here...on the scanner, that is. Perhaps if we wait a little longer?
- Professor Gorr: Nearly there. Just a bit more.
After the first area battle (cinematic):
- Professor Gorr: Hmmm...these readings are...they're...aren't nearly strong enough to be conclusive.
- Crusader Slep: We're still on the fringes of their territory. If we could delve deeper into the swamp, we might find larger minions there.
- <Character Name>: Fine, but larger minions are a larger threat. Stay close, Professor. The deeper we go, the more danger you're in.
Approaching the second area:
- Professor Gorr: Uh-oh. I think we have company.
- Professor Gorr: Let's try that cave. It should give us some useful readings.
Fighting the Risen Abomination:
- Professor Gorr: Uh, just to verify: the division of labor says you fight that thing while I collect data, yes?
- Professor Gorr: I've almost got everything I need. Just a scintilla more.
- Professor Gorr: We're getting the data we need. Keep that fell beast at bay!
- Professor Gorr: Yes...the readings are much stronger here.
After defeating the Abomination (cinematic):
- Professor Gorr: This is fantastic! The larger the minion presence, the less ambient magic! Finally, irrefutable proof of my theory. The dragons do consume magic.
- Professor Gorr: Thank you. Thank you for rescuing me, for helping me collect this data...for everything!
- Crusader Slep: I'm proud to be of assistance, but it's all part of my duty as Vigil to protect Tyria and its people from the dragons.
- Crusader Slep: Their effect on the environment is merely a symptom of the larger disease, but now that we understand that symptom, we're closer to a cure.
- <Character Name>: We still have to convince the Arcane Council, and the Arcane Eye is still out to control the impact of Gorr's findings.
- <Character Name>: Our next step has to be precise and effective. For that, we'll need input from the others. Let's share this data with Zojja and the other orders.
Speaking with allies:
- Crusader Slep: We just verified how the dragons feed, which means we can interrupt their food supply. I'd love to act on that right now, but protocol dictates we share this with the other orders.
- Right. I'll meet you back in Rata Sum.
- Professor Gorr: Success! We established the correlation between Elder Dragons and a reduced level of ambient magic. We must tell the council. We must tell the world!
- We will, Professor. I guarantee it.
Applied Development Lab
Approaching the Order representatives:
- Professor Gorr: My theory is confirmed. Thanks to you all, we have conclusive proof that the dragons are consuming the world's magic at an alarming rate.
- Zojja: This is the first step to building a coalition to battle the dragons. We need to tell everyone, the entire asura population, as quickly as possible.
- Zojja: Rakt and the Arcane Eye won't allow it. So how do we get vital information past a highly trained secret police force dedicated to keeping it contained?
- Scholar Krasso: If the Priory called a conference, all the most influential geniuses in Rata Sum would attend. Rakt wouldn't dare touch 'em. And once they know, the news can't help but spread.
- Agent Batanga: Word of mouth isn't reliable. Not against Rakt. We need mass communication. We should commandeer the Golem Control Center and broadcast a massage from there.
- Crusader Slep: The Arcane Eye is the real problem. If we attack them head on and take the fight to Rakt himself, they won't be able to contain Gorr's theory.
- Zojja: This is it, Savant. All three orders want you as a member. If you're willing, the plan you choose now will determine the order you join. Permanently.
- <Character name>: Oh, I'm willing. That'll put me on the inside, with access to all of that order's resources, from here on. That's what you meant by building alliances.
- Zojja: Partially, yes. The rest will come after we present Gorr's theory to the world. Now select a plan, and remember: the order you choose is the order you join.
Speaking with allies before making a choice:
- Professor Gorr: I'm free, thanks to you. I don't wish to sound ungrateful, but do you know that my theory is also held captive? Will you help me liberate it?
- We can and we will.
- Zojja: Promulgating Gorr's theory is essential to the orders--and my long-range plans. If we're smart and play this right, we'll be perfectly positioned to confront the Elder Dragons.
- I'm with you.
- Crusader Slep: You understand the problem, and you know who the enemy is. The Vigil is going to clear a path for Gorr's message by taking out Rakt himself. If you join us, you can be a part of it.
- I'm ready to join the Vigil. Count me in.
- This is an important decision. Let me think a while longer.
- Agent Batanga: The only way to win here is to tell everyone at once. Rakt can't silence every Peacemaker in the city. Are you with us? Will you join the Order of Whispers?
- Yes. I like the results you get and how you get them.
- I need more time before I decide.
- Scholar Krasso: This started with an academic conference, it should end with one, too. The Priory needs your talent and your drive to make it work. Will you join us?
- Yes. Brawn can't defeat the dragons, but brains can.
- I'm not ready to decide yet.
After choosing an order:
- Crusader Slep: I like what I've seen so far, but do you have what it takes to fight for the Vigil on a full-time basis? I think you can, but you're going to have to prove it.
- If the opportunity arises, I'll be glad to.
- Agent Batanga: I hope you like creating mysteries as much as solving them. In the Order of Whispers, that's a necessary skill.
- Thanks, but for the time being, I'm a free agent.
- Scholar Krasso: I'm glad to have a Snaff Savant among us. Between Batanga and Slep, things were getting a tad...lowbrow.
- Thanks. I'm always happy to raise the tone.