Map of Fawcett's Bounty
is a jumping puzzle
located in the northern part of Harathi Hinterlands
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the story of Guild Wars 2.
- North-East of Arca Lake's North-East bridge is the entrance to the puzzle. Interact with the gate to enter the puzzle.
- To open the gate in the next chamber, pick up the boulders in the creek and place them on the three pressure plates in the room. One is right next to the creek itself. One is tucked away to the right of the gate. One is above the creek's waterfall. Move quickly, the boulders don't stay on the pressure plates long. (Stand on each plate and use the switch weapon button, not the 1 button). One easy way to do this is to drop two boulders near two of the plates, then do the third, and run and pick up the boulders and move them onto the plates. This shortens to time from first drop to final drop considerably. Note that the boulder has to be pretty much right near the center of the plate.
- The next chamber's floor is constructed of loose rock. When stepped on, the floor will fall away. To pass this section, run across the falling rock to safety. You may require a combination of running and jumping to cross safely. There are a few bigger gray rocks that don't fall. Following their path, you can just jump and avoid the running. If the player falls, they will be killed by the spikes below and receive the Fawcett's Revenge achievement.
- The hallways that follow are filled with AoE spike traps and Ghostly Crew Members. The traps are active when you see the red circles. Stay left at intersections. This will move you around a circle. When you've reached the opposite side of the circle, take a right this time (if you miss it, just keep going left, you'll see by your ant track that you've moved in a circle and where you came into it... just look for the hallway almost exactly opposite your entry.
- After passing through these hallways, you will drop into a cove filled with water and a pirate ship.
- Near the front of the ship is a series of wooden platforms filled with several Ghostly Crew. Traverse these by using the beam to gain entrance to a small cave with a creek that leads to another beam and the last platform. Use the beams coming out of the wall to jump onto the pirate ship's front.
- It's simpler to navigate the jumping beams if you jump the first two closest to the rock face, and then walk down the second beam and jump to the third at the end of that beam. Walk back up the third one to the rock face and the 4th and 5th should be easy. Walk back down the 5th beam to the very end, hit a run spell and leap for the beam, sliding down the center mast to the ship.
- After landing on the ship and moving onto the main deck, you will receive the Fawcett's Bounty achievement. Captain Fawcett may appear; after you defeat him, drop into the hold of the ship through the deck to find a Magnificent Chest.
The puzzle can be exited through a cave mouth in the south-east corner of the cove, coming out above Arca Lake near Arca Waypoint