- This article is about the area. For the achievement category, see Dry Top (achievements).
In 1327 AE, the Zephyrites settled in Dry Top following the destruction of the Zephyr Sanctum and three other airships by the Sylvari Aerin's sabatoge. Many Zephryites and their guests survived and have built makeshift refuges in the area.
Everything in Dry Top is as harsh as the climate. There are elementals, called dust mites by the locals, and a local type of devourer. Travel within Dry Top is facilitated by using the three Aspects (Sun, Wind and Lightning).
Geodes are a form of currency accepted by Geode merchants in Dry Top. They are received as rewards for various events in Dry Top. The version of the inventory available from the vendor depends on which of 6 possible tiers of the Favor of the Zephyrites is active.
|Cavern of the Shining Lights||80|
- Crash Site
- Clear the jungle tendril and its roots (80) - (Prospect Valley)
- Race against the Inquest to collect crystal shards for the Zephyrites (80)
- Defeat Three-Toed Tootsie (80) [Group Event]
- Protect the Maguuma Shaman as she casts a spell to cleanse the oasis (80)
- Clear the jungle tendril and its roots (80) - (Uplands Oasis)
- Protect crash victims from encroaching vines (80)
- Challenge and spar with Nochtli (80)
- Slay the colocal queen (80) [Group Event]
- Rescue the captive Zephyrites (80)
- Success: Defeat the champion N4-SR before the Inquest can lock down their base (80) [Group Event]
- Protect Serene as she recovers crystals lost in the crash (80)
- Drive the Mordrem away from the vine bridge planting area (80)
- Shut down the Inquest experimentation into Aspect crystals (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the light-infused Inquest golem blocking passage to the ley line hub (80)
- Defend the kite basket of supplies from the Inquest (80)
- Rescue injured Zephyrites from the Inquest inside the mine and escort them outside (80) [Group Event]
- Clear out the Mordrem infesting the ley line hub (80)
- Clear Prosperity of jungle tendrils and Mordrem (80)
- Escort Rustbucket to the repair station (80)
- Prevent skritt from stealing supplies (80)
- Gather insect parts from nearby beetles (80)
- Defeat the Inquest's experimental Aspect suit (80) [Group Event]
- Slay the rare creature
- Escort Haze to safety (80)
- Carry and detonate explosives to demolish the cave-in debris while avoiding tunneling devourers (80)
- Stop the skritt burglar before it escapes with the treasure
- Cull the encroaching dust mites threatening the Zephyrites (80)
- Stop the skritt from stealing Zephyrite crystals and returning them to their queen (80)
- Defeat the legendary giant before the sandstorm dissipates (80) [Group Event]
- Save the chickens trapped in the dust mite twister (80)
- Defeat the champion devourer queen (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the dust mite twister! (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat Queen Chrii'kkt IV and her royal subjects (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the dust monster! (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the giant beetle (80) [Group Event]
- Protect Researcher Eway while he examines inert dust mites (80)
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore
- Rich Mithril Vein
- Orichalcum Ore
- Quartz Crystal Formation
- Rich Quartz Crystal Formation
- Cypress Sapling
- Ancient Sapling
- Dry Top is unique in that, whenever the zone-wide meta event changes, the entire zone experiences changes. During Sandstorm!, a sandstorm rages across the zone, decreasing visibility, revealing Buried Locked Chests, and replacing the enemy spawns with Dust Mites, Dust Mite Twisters, and Arid Devourers.
- Dry Top introduced a new environmental hazard: Quicksand. Standing in quicksand applies both Quicksand and Blind to any character in its range. Both effects are refreshed each tick until the character escapes.
- This zone was introduced in parts during the releases Gates of Maguuma, Entanglement and The Dragon's Reach: Part 2.