Critical Chance is the probability that an attack will be a critical hit. This can be raised with attributes, traits, skills, and weapons. Governing attribute is Precision. It can have a large effect on expected and actual DPS. The Boon Fury grants a flat 20% critical chance.
It is calculated for each hit and not each skill use. That is to say, in multi hit skills, each hit has a separate critical hit chance.
Traits that increase critical chance
- Right-Hand Strength — Critical hit chance with one-handed weapons is increased. Sword skills recharge faster.
- Blademaster — Sword skills have an increased critical-hit chance against bleeding foes. Reduces recharge on sword skills.
- Burst Precision — Burst skills have an increased critical chance.
- Critical Burst — Burst skills have an increased critical chance.
- Heightened Focus — Gain Quickness when you strike a foe that is below the health threshold.
- Unsuspecting Foe — Increased critical-hit chance against stunned foes.
- Scope — Gain critical-hit chance against targets farther away.
- Target the Weak — Critical-hit chance is increased against foes that are below the health threshold.
- Precise Strike — Opening strike always critical hits.
- Combo Critical Chance — Dual skills have increased critical-hit chance.
- Keen Observer - Critical-hit chance is increased while your health is above the threshold.
- Side Strike — Gain bonus critical-hit chance when hitting a foe from behind or the side.
- Hidden Killer — Gain bonus critical-hit chance while in stealth.
- Precise Wrack — Mind Wrack has an increased critical-hit chance.
- Death Perception - Increases critical-hit chance while in shroud.
Related upgrade components
Upgrade components that increase critical chance
- Superior Sigil of Intelligence - Your next three attacks while swapping to this weapon while in combat have 100% critical chance.
- Sigil of Accuracy - Increases critical chance
- Minimum critical chance is 4% and max is 100%, note that critical chance can exceed 100%.