Caudecus's Manor (story)
Legate Minister Caudecus is hosting a party to celebrate the human-charr détente in his home, Beetletun Manor. While a vocal opponent of Queen Jennah, Caudecus swears his loyalty to Kryta. The minister promises to unveil a new creation by his personal inventor, Uzolan.
— In-game description
The heroes do not show up for a garden party at Caudecus’s Manor. The reason for the gathering is a meeting between the queen and a charr ambassador, and representatives of the other races are present, including Zojja. Logan is present as well, and suspects Caudecus of plotting something. Uzolan’s invention, a golem using asuran magic, attacks the party and kidnaps the queen and several of the ambassadors.
The adventurers must ask the party guests for clues, overcome Uzolan’s treachery, and rescue Queen Jennah from the human separatists who seek to destroy the human-charr efforts for peace.
 Dungeon information
 Required Level
Meet Logan and the queen in the courtyard.
- Report to Logan
- Talk to Logan
- Talk to the guests to investigate the situation.
Find the Separatists and rescue the missing party guests.
- Track the teleporter's energy trail.
- Find Uzolan
- Separatist Stalkers killed: x/3
- Secret Passage
- Find the queen and the missing ambassadors.
- Wake Sigfast.
- Separatists killed: x/7
- Find the queen and the missing ambassador.
- Free Mia Kindleshot
- Separatists killed: x/11
- Find Queen Jennah.
- Separatist Captain DeLana
- Separatists killed: x/3
- The queen is safe now.
One of the following (depends on profession):
Repeated runs will yield a significantly smaller amount of coins, karma, experience, and will not award additional headgear.
- To start off, meet Logan at the courtyard in order to obtain added instructions.
- Investigate the matter at hand by interacting with the party guests. Best method is to run between the guests and ask the first of the three questions, then circle around and ask the second, finishing one last lap asking the third and final question. After obtaining the required interactions, report back to Logan.
- Logan informs Uzolan of the threat to the Queen at which point Uzolan calls upon his Golem which teleports Queen Jennah, the Charr Ambassador Mia Kindleshot, and Sigfast. The Prototype Golem has a rocket attack, a spinning flame attack, a pull, and a vulnerability attack.
- Against the golem, players can stand on trees, hedges, and other similar objects to effectively evade the golem's rockets.
- Only the rocket spam attack from the golem counts as a ranged projectile.
- It is highly recommended to take some form of anti-range attacks to deal with the Sergeants. The Mesmer's Feedback being one of the best.
- Upon defeating the Golem, track the energy trail leading to the inner mansion.
- At the end of the trail you would come across a Champion level Door Guard blocking the route to the basement.
- After defeating the Door Guard, a few mobs of separatists will ambush you. Be aware that there are Separatist Saboteurs who generate a fair amount of AoE within a confined area. Survive the ambush and continue to the basement. In the basement too you would find two sets of mobs which need to be defeated to exit the basement.
- Once the mobs in the basement have been defeated, find the lever that opens the pathway to the tunnel.
- Once in the tunnel, the Separatist Lieutenant needs to be defeated to enter the pathway to interact with Sigfast. Defeat the Lieutenant and access the inner tunnel.
- Once the mob has been defeated, throw a bucket of water on Sigfast in order to obtain access to the outside pathway.
- Once in open grounds, two mobs of hunting dogs along with a Separatist Lieutenant needs to be defeated along with several mobs near the tree house. Once the entire mob has been defeated, interact with the cage in which Mia Kindleshot is locked.
- Queen Jennah is held captive by Separatist Captain DeLana and three other Separatists. DeLana is a ranged boss who inflicts blindness causing your next attack to miss along with an AOE burn. Leaving DeLana to be defeated last is the most viable option since the two Separatist Fighters and the Separatist Sergeant have a much lower HP pool.
- Albert the Butler
- Logan Thackeray
- Mia Kindleshot
- Minister Caudecus
- Monique DeLana
- Pygmy Moa
- Queen Jennah
- Champion Separatist Fighter
- Door Guard
- Hunting Hound
- Prototype Golem
- Separatist Captain DeLana
- Separatist Bomber
- Separatist Fighter
- Separatist Lieutenant
- Separatist Sergeant
- Separatist Sniper
- Logan Thackeray: "Your majesty, I'm not sure you and the ambassadors should've come here."
- Queen Jennah: "That's ridiculous, Captain. This is the perfect place to celebrate the detente with the charr."
- Logan Thackeray: "There are Separatists that want this treaty torn apart. And for all we know, Caudecus is in cahoots with them."
- Queen Jennah: "Minister Caudecus is loyal to the crown, even if he and I disagree."
- Logan Thackeray: "He is loyal to the crown, true. But I wonder if he's loyal to the head it rests upon."
- <Party Leader>: "Do you need any help here?"
- Logan Thackeray: "Yes. I don't trust some of the guests. Ask around and see what you turn up on Caudecus. But be subtle."
- Logan Thackeray: "From what you've told me, this kind of deviltry stinks of Caudecus."
- Zojja: "I disagree. The inventor, Uzolan, is obviously up to something."
- <Party Leader>: "Then we should confront both of them."
- Logan: "Fine. If that's the plan, we should check with this Uzolan first. Maybe he'll tell us more about his employer."
- Confronting Uzolan
- Logan Thackeray: "Uzolan! I must speak to you of a threat to the Queen!"
- Uzolan: "Threat to the Queen? Then you know about our plot!"
- Uzolan: "We will not be stopped! Golem! Initiate plan Alpha!"
- Logan Thackeray: "Jennah! Look out!"
- Sigfast: "A fight? Wait for me!"
- Logan Panics
- Logan Thackeray: "What the-- Jennah! It killed her!"
- Zojja: "Hold your tears, Logan. She and the others are fine. That golem used a teleporatation ray on them."
- Logan Thackeray: "Teleported? Where?"
- Zojja: "Ah, so now you need my help. Let's see...It looked like a short-range teleporter. I can track the energy signature. Hang on."
- Encountering the Door Guard
- Logan Thackeray: "One side! We're coming through!"
- Door Guard: "No one gets in here! Uzolan's orders!"
- Logan Thackeray: "Uzolan is a traitor! Stand aside!"
- The Plot Thickens
- <Party Leader>: "Who just attacked us?"
- Logan Thackeray: "Separatist scum trying to sabotage the charr-human treaty. Uzolan must be working with them."
- Logan Thackeray: "And I'd bet my left arm that Caudecus is also involved."
- Finding Uzolan
- Uzolan: "Quickly, you fools! My plan has been revealed!"
- Uzolan: "You have the queen and the others! Now save me!"
- After Defeating Uzolan's "Friends"
- Zojja: "They teleported Jennah and the others here. They must have moved them elsewhere."
- Logan Thackeray: "Uzolan was trying to get past this wall. Look around. There must be a secret level somewhere."
- Finding Sigfast
- Separatist Lieutenant: "You were supposed to give him two drops! How are we going to move the big oaf now?"
- Separatist Sergeant: "It's not our fault! He grabbed the bottle and drank it in a single swallow! Pour some water on him!"
- Reviving Sigfast
- Sigfast: "Wench! Bring more beer!"
- Sigfast: "Oh, it's only you. I was having a wonderful dream."
- Sigfast: "They must have taken your human queen and the charr up this passage."
- Sigfast: "I'll return to the party and tell the others what's happened. Good luck."
- Finding Mia Kindleshot
- Separatist Lieutenant: "Calm down and keep that charr in the cage!"
- Separatist Lieutenant: "Boss says she lives until they're done with the queen. Then we can kill her."
- Freeing Mia Kindleshot
- Mia Kindleshot: "They took the queen further up the valley. I believe they mean to kill her. Lead, and I will follow."
- Finding Queen Jennah
- Separatist Captain DeLana: "Fools! You've let her slip her bonds!"
- Separatist Sergeant: "Don't worry, she can't keep that shield up forever."
- Separatist Sergeant: "The moment she drops it, she'll be ours!"
- Caudecus's Arrival
- Minister Caudecus: "What is going on here? Your majesty!"
- Minister Caudecus: "I'm so glad we've found you!"
- Minister Caudecus: "And you, Logan, I see you've found us as well."
- Minister Caudecus: "It seems we were both on the trail of the same kidnappers."
- Caudecus "Rescued"
- Logan Thackeray: "Caudecus! I knew you were in on this! You were working with the Separatists!"
- Minister Caudecus: "Me? I was a victim here! I had no idea what Uzolan was up to!"
- Logan Thackeray: "You lie! You're under arrest."
- Queen Jennah: "Logan! I believe Caudecus is innocent."
- Logan Thackeray: "Your Majesty, you can't take his side."
- Queen Jennah: "Caudecus is guilty of many things, Captain, but he was not responsible here. The Separatists were planning to capture him as well."
- Caudecus: "Capture...me? Then I am in your debt for keeping me safe, your Majesty."
- Queen Jennah: "Also, for your own protection, you should stay at my palace. Temporarily of course. I insist."
- Caudecus: "There's no...I mean...I'm sure...Certainly, your Majesty. I would be honored."
- Logan Thackeray: "Your Mejesty! Jennah! Are you serious?"
- Queen Jennah: "Very serious, Captain. I think it best the minister stays where I can keep an eye on him. For his own safety."
- Logan Thackeray: "Then I should remain as well. To help keep an eye on him."
- Queen Jennah: "No, no need for that. I appreciate your rescue, but you have your own journey. One that leads beyond Divinity's Reach."
- Logan Thackeray: "There are dangers that threaten you here."
- Queen Jennah: "There are dangers that face all of us, Logan. All of our world. There are things only you can do."
- Logan Thackeray: "You're right. So much has been left unfinished. Much to make amends for. I should go."
- Queen Jennah: "And I will be waiting your return."