All ascended rings and accessories come with an infusion slot. Ascended rings can be upgraded in the Mystic Forge to infused or attuned versions. Once upgraded to one of these two versions, you can upgrade them to the other one as well. Each upgrade adds one additional infusion slot to the ring for a maximum of three. Ascended amulets come with an enrichment slot instead of an infusion slot.
With the exception of various trinkets, all ascended trinkets are unique, meaning two identically named trinkets can not be equipped at the same time. However, for any given set of attributes there are usually multiple equivalent rings or accessories (with different names) that can be used together. Also, for the purposes of uniqueness, infused and attuned versions of rings count as different items, so if you accidentally buy two identical rings you can upgrade one of them to avoid this limitation.
Ascended trinkets can be obtained in a variety of ways. They cannot be crafted.
Some trinkets can be obtained after completing certain achievements. After completing the achievement, they may become available for purchase at certain vendors.
- Living World Season 2 achievements - Trinkets with Nomad and Sinister stats.
- Dungeon collections - Accessories only. Assassin, Carrion, Magi or Sentinel stats.
- Heart of Thorns Act IV Mastery - Amulet only
Completing certain events can reward players with an ascended trinket.
- Daily fractal chests have a small chance of rewarding players with an ascended accessory or an ascended ring. The ring has a small chance to be infused. Can only drop predefined trinkets.
- Raid bosses have a chance of rewarding players with their respective trinket if available. Only available once per kill weekly. This trinket is also available from Scholar Glenna after defeating that particular boss. Not all bosses have trinkets.
- World versus World rank up rewards. Can only reward trinkets with predefined stats.
Most trinkets can be obtained through vendors. Some trinkets need to be unlocked by completing specific achievements before they can be purchased, as noted below.
- ^ a b c Living World Season 2 achievements Gates of Maguuma Mastery, Entanglement Mastery, The Dragon's Reach, Part 1 Mastery and The Dragon's Reach, Part 2 Mastery required before certain items can be purchased.
- ^ a b c d Living World Season 2 achievements Echoes of the Past Mastery, Tangled Paths Mastery, Seeds of Truth Mastery and Point of No Return Mastery required before certain items can be purchased.
- ^ Requires Royal Terrace Pass, Captain's Airship Pass, Noble's Folly Pass or Lava Lounge Pass.
- ^ Ascalonian Catacombs Collector, Caudecus's Manor Collector, Twilight Arbor Collector, Sorrow's Embrace Collector, Honor of the Waves Collector, Citadel of Flame Collector, Crucible of Eternity Collector, or The Ruined City of Arah Collector required before certain items can be purchased.
- ^ a b Items that can be purchased from Glenna can also be purchased from the Portable Magnetite Shard Exchange
- ^ Requires completion of their respective raid encounter before purchase is available. Items offered differs depending on her location.
- ^ a b c d e f Requires respective Living World Season 3 episodes.
- ^ These are the only trinkets that can have their selected stats reset by using a Bloodstone Capacitor.
- Rurik's Engagement Ring - Obtained from upgrading Strange Rock. Requires Living World Season 3 episode 2 - Rising Flames.
List of ascended trinkets
Available trinket prefixes
This first table acts as a directory.
- Search for the attribute combination using the first or central column.
- If there is a check mark in the "Predefined" column, go to the Trinkets with predefined prefixes table.
- If there is a check mark in the "Selectable (Part of prefix family)" column, note the family and go to the Trinkets with selectable prefixes table.
Trinkets with predefined prefixes
The following trinkets are acquired with the described predefined attributes.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m Common acquisition rings can drop from Daily Fractals, WvW rank and Reward Track chests, while common acquisition accessories can drop from tier 3 or 4 Daily Fractals or guild mission chests.
Trinkets with selectable prefixes
The following trinkets allow a one-time attribute selection from a range of options defined by their prefix family.
- ^ Formerly of Explorer prefix, transformed into prefix selection after all prefixes that included Magic Find were discontinued.
- ^ Formerly of Wayfarer and Soldier prefix, transformed into prefix selection after all prefixes that included Magic Find were discontinued.
- ^ a b The selected attributes can be reset with a Bloodstone Capacitor purchased from Scholar Rakka.
- Many ascended trinkets, especially those with predefined prefixes, come in multiple varieties that are identical with the exception of their names and icons. This is a remnant from before the July 26, 2016 update when infusions and their slots were separated into different subtypes (offensive, defensive, utility, versatile) and each individual trinket provided a different type of infusion slot. Just as well; by having two items with the same predefined prefix, it continues to be possible to equip two items with both the same number of infusion slots and the same attributes.