The Lost Shores
The Lost Shores is a game release coming to Guild Wars 2 during November 2012. The new content will involve the Sea of Sorrows and will launch on November 16th, 2012 at noon PST (20:00 GMT) beginning with a one-time event spanning three days. However, there will be hints and teasers appearing before then to build up the new content. The remainder of the content release (the pvp map, island, and dungeon) will permanently remain after the weekend event is over.
Starting Thursday, players who have purchased the game will be able to invite up to three friends for a free trial. The free trial will last the entire weekend. All players will be scaled up to level 80 for the finale, allowing friends to join players on their quest to push back the karka, although players will not be scaled up for any prior content.
- A one-time weekend-long event that permanently changes the world in some places.
- Prelude content with hints and teasers to build up the game release.
- A new PvP map: Temple of the Silent Storm
- A new area: Southsun Cove, designed for level 80s.
- Two new jumping puzzles.
- New events.
- New achievements.
- A new dungeon: Fractals of the Mists, designed for level 80s.
- A new set of exotic weapons: Fractal weapons.
- A new enemy: the karka.
- New Ascended armor quality items allowing a new upgrade type: Infusion.
- A new PvE condition: Agony.
- New crafting resources to find and harvest with 200 new crafting recipes: Karka Shells, Passion Fruits, and Passion Flowers. 
- Unique minis, armor skins, town clothing, and weapon skins made for the Lost Shores event from Consortium Chests.
|Free trial and teaser material||November 15||17:00||9:00|
|Phase 1||November 16||20:00||12:00|
|Phase 2||November 17||20:00||12:00|
|Phase 3||November 18||20:00||12:00|
|Lost Shores Teaser has a video on YouTube.|
A world event will start off the new content with a conflict with the karka, a deep ocean race that was driven from their home and have relocated to Southsun Cove. The event is described "as being a 'monster movie, invasion type thing' that will focus on the lore of Lion’s Arch." Players will be scaled up to level 80 for the duration of this event, allowing all players to take part. The event will involve researching and discovering a method to harm the karka, who are protected by armored plates that make them impermeable to normal attacks. Each phase is triggered by a special event, but you will be able to enjoy additional content afterwards even if you cannot make the kick-off time.
The event will culminate in a one-time only event chain that will run multiple hours with a finale of defeating the Ancient Karka. Players will receive a special reward at the event completion. There will be plenty of content available to enjoy that will remain permanently in the world as a result of the event on Sunday.
- See also: The Lost Shores/Phase 1
- Defend Lion’s Arch from strange creatures rising from the sea and assist in revealing the mystery behind their origins.
- Researcher Dessa opens up the Fractals of the Mists in Lion's Arch half an hour into the event.
- See also: The Lost Shores/Phase 2
- Retake Lion's Arch and drive out the karka.
- Southsun Cove is revealed as a new island located in the Sea of Sorrows and the lair of the karka.
- See also: The Lost Shores/Phase 3
Dungeon: Fractals of the Mist
- See also: Fractals of the Mists
Fractals of the Mists is a dungeon that will be released in the update. It starts in a hub area, Mistlock Observatory, and will feature 9 mini-dungeons, or fractals, that will be randomly assigned to players that attempt it, becoming more difficult with repeated attempts. Parties can be of any level, and the dungeon will scale based on the highest common attained level, but it is mainly designed for level 80 players. Rewards will include new weapon sets, a back-slot item, and new Ascended loot, among others.
PvP Map: Temple of the Silent Storm
- See also: Temple of the Silent Storm
Temple of the Silent Storm is a new structured PvP (sPVP) map being released as a beta version. The setting is a kodan iceberg with a distinctive look and a more vertical layout than previous dungeons. Buffs that team members earn will affect the players and game objectives during gameplay.
- Added 2 additional jumping puzzle achievements.
- Added 19 new explorer achievements related to the Fractal of the Mists dungeon.
- The Monthly added the last two mystery achievements
- Added Daily PvP and Monthly PvP
The prelude for this content began on November 1st, immediately following the end of the Halloween content. Several new ships appeared in Lion's Arch displaying an emblem also found on Bloodtide Coast pirates, with cargo showing a special symbol. That symbol was tracked to a house (near Claw Island Portage Waypoint) with a deactivated Asura gate nearby, filled with charts.
There was also a new sign that appeared on the beach warning travelers.
DANGER Enter at your own risk Lion’s Arch Authorities cannot be held responsible for missing/stolen/damaged and/or devoured appendages, small children, dinghies, fruit baskets, skritt, pumpkin flavored marshmellows, spoons, goofy hats, ascalonian salads, pocket watches, earrings, in-laws, spirits of the wild, eye patches, war machines, seraph, rhubarb pies, mystical artifacts of unquestionable power, mystical artifacts of questionable power, seeing-eye squirrels and carp."
— Translated Text
Avast! Ahoy all ye landlubbers!
The hardworking members of the consortium are proud to announce the upcoming unveiling of your dream vacation! coming soon we will open the gate – the asura gate – connecting Lion’s Arch to a veritable tropical paradise of magnificent proportions!
swim in the radiant waters*! relax on the beach*! dance the night away*!
Prepare to hoist your jolly roger and to embark on a most majestic adventure with your favorite band of salty dogs!
Arr You Ready?
* Towels not included. The consortium cannot be held responsible for aquatic-related and rythmic-related injuries(or other injuries related to misadventure or otherwise general buffonery). Our medical staff will be on-call to happily ignore your needs should they inevitable arise."
— Translated Text
In addition, whales were sighted beached on shorelines in Lion's Arch with NPCs tending to them.
November 5ArenaNet released a new poster via social media .
Dangerous sea monsters
Lion’s Arch Authorities kindly remind all visitors that sea monsters have rendered our beaches unsafe for the general public. Should you choose to ignore this warning then upon your inevitable, grisly demise members of our local pirate population will insure the fair division of your remaining, worldly possessions. Despite your potential horrible end, find comfort in the knowledge that you will soon no longer care and that you will have made a generous contribution to those who, ironically, have more respect of the rules than you do.
— Translated Text
These posters were sighted inside the Consortium house as well as around the city.
During an update, the whales and resort posters were removed.
- ^ http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/b/337726366
- ^ a b http://www.gamingexaminer.com/guild-wars-2-details-the-lost-shores-expansion-and-friend-referral-free-trial/18879/#.UKEyhOQ1m5I Gamingexaminer, Guild Wars 2 details The Lost Shores expansion and friend referral free-trial
- ^ a b c http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/6882/A-Peek-into-the-November-Update.html/page/1
- ^ http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/12/guild-wars-2s-lost-shores-content-primer/
- ^ https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/
- ^ http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/previews/lost-shores-preview
- ^ http://www.pcgamesn.com/guildwars/guild-wars-2-lost-shores-update-detailed-weekend-s-event-will-change-tyria-forever
- ^ http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/15/a-spoiler-free-jaunt-through-guild-wars-2s-lost-shores/
- ^ http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/exploration/exploring-southsun-cove-hands-preview
- ^ https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-the-new-fractals-of-the-mist-dungeon/
- ^ a b https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012
- ^ https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/264429963539787776
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151183838804209&set=a.135044094208.103264.114036714208&type=1&relevant_count=1
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151188114549209&set=a.135044094208.103264.114036714208&type=1&relevant_count=1
- Official Guild Wars 2 website
- The Lost Shores description
- GW2 Forum: Update Notes - November 15th, 2012
- Lost Shores Teaser
- Fan-made preview with translated posters
- The Lost Shores screenshots