I never thought, until I met Jory and you, that I'd be the kind of person who'd overcome evil.
— Kasmeer Meade
Kasmeer Meade is a former noble and a member of the Mesmer Collective. Kasmeer's mother died when she was young, and her family fell on hard times when her father was murdered in debtor's prison after spending everything to pay off the debts of her brother, Kyle, in early 1326 AE. When the creditors took all of the Meade family's possessions, they allowed Kasmeer to take a single item from the house: she took a stuffed bear she had since she was young that was a gift from her father, and she had her mother's staff with her already. In the face of an unsympathetic nobility in Divinity's Reach, Kasmeer partnered up with Marjory Delaqua as a private investigator in order to make ends meet. Their professional partnership eventually blossomed into a romantic partnership.
Kasmeer has a nervous tic in the form of uncontrollable hiccups whenever she is afraid.
When an invisible wall was discovered in the middle of Viathan Lake, Kasmeer joined Marjory in investigating the situation. She was able to shatter the powerful illusion causing the veil, revealing the concealed Tower of Nightmares. The pair, along with the Durmand Priory, entered the tower and managed to put an end to Scarlet Briar's machinations within. The pair were called to action once again when Scarlet attacked Lornar's Pass with a massive Twisted Marionette controlled from above by her airship, the Breachmaker, in an attempt to perfect a new weapon. The two joined forces with Rox, Braham, Taimi and the Pact Commander to defeat the construct and thwart Scarlet's plan.
Following Scarlet's attack on Lion's Arch, Kasmeer travelled to the beleaguered city to help with relief efforts. Once the deadly miasma had cleared, she joined the fight against Scarlet's forces, and eventually found herself aboard the Breachmaker itself, cornering an injured Scarlet. Scarlet, broken but not beaten, severely injured Marjory, and the enraged Kasmeer, believing her beloved to be dead, engaged Scarlet in fierce combat, distracting her with illusions and cruel taunts while the Pact Commander got close enough to finish the wayward sylvari off.
- Divinity's Reach
- Lion's Arch
- Kessex Hills
- Southsun Cove
- Lornar's Pass
- Episode 7: Dragon Bash
- Episode 13: Tower of Nightmares
- Episode 14: The Nightmares Within
- Special Event: The Nightmare is Over
- Episode 16: The Origins of Madness
- Episode 17: The Edge of the Mists
- Episode 18: Escape from Lion's Arch
- Episode 19: Battle for Lion's Arch
- Episode 20: Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath
- Special Event: Festival of the Four Winds
- Episode 1: Gates of Maguuma
- Episode 2: Entanglement
- Episode 3: The Dragon's Reach: Part 1
- Episode 4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Episode 5: Echoes of the Past
- Episode 6: Tangled Paths
- Episode 8: Point of No Return
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Act IV
- Act I
- Bounce an orb of energy between foes and allies that applies random boons to allies and random conditions to foes. Winds of Chaos -
- Teleport away from your target, summoning a clone that casts Winds of Chaos. Phase Retreat -
- winds of chaos on nearby foes. Summon an illusion that deals extra damage for each unique condition on the target foe. Phantasmal Warlock - Cast
- boons and your foe random conditions whenever you are struck. Chaos Armor - Apply a random condition to nearby foes and gain chaos armor. Chaos armor gives you random
- conditions to foes and boons to allies. Chaos Storm - Create a magical storm at the target location that applies random
- Illusion of Defense - A portion of incoming damage is transferred to the illusionary defender.
- quickness while slowing enemies. Time Warp - Create an area that warps time, granting you and your allies
- reflects projectiles. Feedback - Create a dome around your foes that
- teleports allies to your exit portal.
(Creating a new entrance portal while you have an active portal will destroy the active portal.)
Portal Entre - Create an entry portal at your location that
- Portal Exeunt - Create an exit portal.
- Teleport to a target location. Blink -
- For previous dialogue: Kasmeer Meade/dialogue
For previous quotes, see here.
- How pleasant to see you.
- Oh, how are you?
- I adore what you're wearing. I must get a dress in that color.
- Am I real or an illusion? (laugh)
- You should know I'm not all smiles.
- Downing foe and disengaging
- What dreadful business.
- Renders/Concept art
Portrait by Jamie Ro.
- Kasmeer is voiced by Janell Cox.
- She wields Kasmeer's Staff and originally wore the Phoenix Light Armor Skin, but changed to the Kasmeer's Regal Outfit in Living World Season 3, all of which were made available for purchase through the Gem Store.
- During the Tower of Nightmares arc, Kasmeer admitted her clothes at the time were simply illusions, and that she was actually naked at the time. This has also been the only time she made allusions to such since.
- Kasmeer is commonly used on the Wiki in images used for size comparisons. Arenanet playfully mentioned this in-game in the second season of the Living Story (episode 1: Gates of Maguuma), when she mentioned she had been turned into a unit of measurement.