Game status updates
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Revision as of 01:15, 6 September 2012 by ArenaNet Publishing
02:27, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
- Account Security
- Hackers have lists of email addresses and passwords stolen from other games and web sites, and collected through spyware, and are systematically testing Guild Wars 2 looking for matching accounts. To protect yourself, use a strong, unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you've never used anywhere else!
- Customer Support
- Our customer support team is prioritizing hacked accounts and other blocking login issues over other types of support requests. If you submit a support ticket for a hacked account, ensure it is properly prioritized by following these instructions.
- We have now completed prioritized requests submitted prior to Sunday, September 2. If you have an older ticket for a hacked account or blocking login issue that has not been completed, that means it's not correctly prioritized.
Submit a new ticket using the above instructions, and in the title write, "Blocking Login - Ticket submitted <date> - Ticket number xxxxxx-xxxxxx" (fill in the date and ticket number of your existing ticket), and we will prioritize your existing ticket.
- EDIT: we have a modified procedure for ensuring that your ticket is correctly prioritized. Please read this thread for instructions.
- Email Authentication
- Once you validate your account email address, we help protect you from attempted account hacking (even if the hacker guesses your password) by sending you an email every time you attempt to login from a new location, asking you to approve or deny the login attempt. Keep in mind, if you receive an email asking you to approve or deny a login attempt and you didn't make that login attempt, that means a hacker knows your password. Change your password immediately.
- Be sure not to flag an email authentication message as spam; if you do, your email provider may prevent future email authentication messages from reaching you.
- If email authentication is preventing you from logging in, contact our customer support team following these instructions and we'll disable it for your account.
- Trading Post
- We've addressed capacity constraints, and the Trading Post is now available for all users!
- Gem Purchases
- Some customers who purchased gems experienced a delay in delivery of those gems to their account. This issue has now been fixed and all gems have been delivered.
- Parties & Guilds
- We're working on capacity constraints causing issues with parties and guild functionality, including symptoms such as party members not appearing on the map, parties not staying together as they travel between maps or into dungeons, and guild manipulation not working. We will deploy a software update tonight and another tomorrow night that will improve these issues.
- PvP Tournament rewards
- We're still working on the issue with missing PvP tournament rewards.
- World v. World event rewards
- We're temporarily disabling rewards on Dolyak caravan escort events in World v. World while we work on rebalancing them.
- Storyline steps
- In last night's software update we fixed issues with the storyline steps "The Battle for Fort Trinity" and "Shell Shock".
- Item descriptions
- In tonight's software update we'll fix issues with item tooltips and chat links. Tooltips will now properly show names of item upgrades. Chat links will now properly show names of transmuted items, weapon/armor suffixes in names, and quantities of stackable items.
- This afternoon we brought the official support forums online for testing. We'll roll out additional forums in the coming days.
- Reporting exploits
- If you discover an emergency game-breaking or economy-breaking bug, do not exploit it, but please notify us immediately at this email address: exploits (at) arena (dot) net. You may also use this email address to report suspected security vulnerabilities. Thank you to everyone who has sent reports. However, note that we cannot respond individually to emails to this address.
- Worlds & Overflow
- We're increasing world capacity as necessary to handle all the new players coming into the game.
- During this initial surge of high concurrency, and especially while most characters are low-level and thus playing in the same starting areas, it's common for players to be directed to overflow servers. To play with a friend on a different overflow server, form a party together, then right-click on the friend's portrait in the party list and click "join". We expect the use of overflow servers to naturally subside as players spread out more through the world.
- Next software updates
- We're making non-disruptive changes throughout the day. We'll publish the next software update tonight at midnight Seattle time. We'll perform a significant update tomorrow night at midnight Seattle time, during which the game will be unavailable for approximately 60 minutes.