Fractals of the Mists
|Fractals of the Mists Teaser has a video on YouTube.|
Like fractals themselves, Fractals of the Mists has no definite end. It is made of nine mini-dungeons called fractals, each with their own story and environment, of which a random set of three will be selected for players to face at a time. After completing one round of three fractals, the party is allowed to rest, repair their equipment and sell their loot, and the difficulty of the next set of three dungeons will be raised. The dungeon will scale to the highest common attained level based on performance during the previous round. At every even number of times the difficulty is raised (second raise, fourth raise, and so on), players will face a special boss encounter.  Each fractal is estimated to take between 15-40 minutes. Fractals use checkpoints instead of waypoints, a party will teleport back to the checkpoint if the party wipes.
The difficulty scale increases the difficulty and rewards for the dungeon. Every time a cycle is completed, the scale goes up by one point. Players may choose up to the highest common difficulty level in the group. As the difficulty increases, enemies are more difficult and more mobs will spawn.
- Level 1 - 5 Fractal Relics
Underground Facility fractal
Solid Ocean fractal
Aquatic Ruins fractal
Urban Battlegrounds fractal
- A fractal is a mathematical set that can produce an image with infinite detail that changes forever as you zoom in.
- ^ a b https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-the-new-fractals-of-the-mist-dungeon/
- ^ https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/#november-2012-release-highlights
- ^ Guild Wars 2's Lost Shores content primer, Massively by Joystiq
- ^ http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/12/guild-wars-2s-lost-shores, IGN, Guild Wars 2’s Lost Shores
- ^ http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-fractals-mists